TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

12 hours ago, Product Driven Legion said:

The super bowl is like  6 hours before Valentine’s Day, it would be a Valentine’s Day drop for a majority of people in the world ;) 

HA!  So i guess, Super Bowl trailer it is. So many potential trailers this year at the SB. We're gonna get fed

9 minutes ago, Maggie said:

HA!  So i guess, Super Bowl trailer it is. So many potential trailers this year at the SB. We're gonna get fed

I'd be shocked if Disney paid $6.5M for a SB spot for this. It doesn't need the promotion. They can drop it the Tuesday before the SB and hit 40M views by Sunday. 

4 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

I'd be shocked if Disney paid $6.5M for a SB spot for this. It doesn't need the promotion. They can drop it the Tuesday before the SB and hit 40M views by Sunday. 

Well, yeah, but you can say the same thing about most Marvel movies going forward. Does that mean they won't promote any movies at all at the SB?

Edited by Maggie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

Well, yeah, but you can say the same thing about most Marvel movies going forward. Does that mean they won't promote any movies at all at the SB?

I think it's very possible they don't promote any MCU films at the SB going forward. Historically, what's the most recent one they've done? Captain Marvel? And that was coming out just a month after the SB, not 5 months later like T:L&T. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

I don’t think it’s ever been wise financially to pay for a SB ad for an mcu movie, but they’ve done it plenty and I see no reason to assume they’ve wised up since then 🤷‍♂️

Mcu super bowl commercials:

Falcon Winter Solider 2021

Black Widow, D+ sizzle reel 2020

Endgame, CM 2019

Infinity War 2018

Gotg2 2017

CW 2016

AoU 2015

I don’t think they’ll do a full 2 minute trailer at the Super Bowl of course. Could either:

30 second Thor SB teaser, longer trailer released online same day or next (Valentine’s) — iirc Solo did this

Thor gets nothing at SB, tv spot for DS2

no movies promoted at SB at all, 30 second spot for MK (maybe with a smidge of She-Hulk and Ms Marvel)

2 hours ago, RiddlerXXR said:

I think it's very possible they don't promote any MCU films at the SB going forward. Historically, what's the most recent one they've done? Captain Marvel? And that was coming out just a month after the SB, not 5 months later like T:L&T. 

Black Widow was the most recent one. 

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Black Widow was the most recent one. 

True. Looking at the list Legion provided, apart from Endgame which was special, they've only done the next film on the calendar if they do a film SB spot. So a DSITMOM 30 second spot would be far more likely than L&T. 

Edited by RiddlerXXR

26 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

True. Looking at the list Legion provided, apart from Endgame which was special, they've only done the next film on the calendar if they do a film SB spot. So a DSITMOM 30 second spot would be far more likely than L&T. 

I now tend to agree with you now. A spot for Strange at the Sb and a trailer for Thor the next day on valentine's day

8 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I think Strange and a Disney+ one is a safe bet. That or Obi Wan.

5 hours ago, CloneWars said:

The only SB MCU spot would be for Strange. Disney is already treating it like an event film. I could also see an Obi-Wan spot since that is a pretty big deal as far as TV series go

Not exactly unheard of for The Mouse to put SW trailers on football games, though they usually like to go in-house with MNF.

If they do, it'd probably be a 30 second hit with a "watch the full trailer tomorrow" just so they don't have to shell out an insane amount of money.  Makes Trailer Analytics a little annoying, especially if there are two actual different cuts ala Solo, but whatcha gonna do.

I probably put the odds at around 20-80 or maybe 25-75 for a Kenobi slot and a 50-50 one for Doctor Strange 2.

What I could see though is...

25 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

I wonder if there will be a Moon Knight spot.

A more generic Upcoming on Disney Plus ad with Moon KnightObi-Wan Kenobi, and She-Hulk footage.  Though something like that would probably be in the pre-game slots which I presume aren't quite as expensive (though still a lot).

Just now, dudalb said:

SB is too early for a Moon Kinigh spot.

Just now, dudalb said:

SB is too early for a Moon Knight Specific  spot, thouhg, as someone stated, they might do a commericial for Disney+ featuring all the upcoming attractions.

Thor OVER Dr Strange? What says you, BOT? On Google trends, Thor is trending higher than Strange and that one has no promo

9 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Thor OVER Dr Strange? What says you, BOT? On Google trends, Thor is trending higher than Strange and that one has no promo

Make a club and I'll be IN. I like supporting clubs that look crazy on the outside. 

2 hours ago, Maggie said:

Yes. He’s a bigger character and the film comes out during the summer. I expect Thor to beat DS by at least $50M DOM.