TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

Ragnarok was one of my favorite MCU films. However, comedy/satire sequels are the hardest thing to pull off. I'd be very hesitant of a sequel for Galaxy Quest. It appears Taika has landed somewhere in the middle here based on recent reviews.

Edited by ThePhasmid

Just now, Claudio said:

Possibility of ending lower than DS2 score??? :gold:

It's already at DS2 with 57 reviews unless there is recovery it's going way below that 67-70%

MC is 63% with 35.

Social media reactions are unreliable you have to read in between the lines.

• Like 2

Many reviews said that DS2 and Thor are too short and fast paced without really building a coherent plot and not enough character development. Think MCU should stick to around 2:15-2:30 hours length to maximize the plot and character introduction. Perfect time. Not too short and not too long (too slow paced) like Eternals.

These weighted the score down if added to RT total. Still can't see reviews, only the rating:

>NPR - In 'Thor: Love and Thunder,' Waititi's familiar strains feel familiar and strained

>Time - Thor: Love and Thunder Is a Snooze

>Scott Mendelson, Forbes Review: ‘Love And Thunder’ Is A ‘Thor’ Loser -

Jeremu Jahns video review is negative too.

Edited by Valonqar

I stand by my thoughts from a few weeks ago: This decade, the MCU will be like Pixar 2010s but on a bigger scale, still huge hits with the ones that blow up blow up, but some being viewed as disappointing because of not reaching the past standards of reviews and box office.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 3