TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

I Think Taika is probably just stretching himself too thin these days with this, that pirate show, that football movie, his 52 acting projects. Also basically every movie he’s done prior to this has been acclaimed I dunno if that gives someone the overconfidence to think they could just walk the ball into the goal. This movie really does have the vibe of someone who thought they could just wing it because they’d done it well before.

• Like 1

MCU Ranked

1. Infinity War 
  2. Endgame
  3. Thor: Ragnarok
  4. Civil War
  5. GoTG
  6. Iron Man
  7. Spider-man: Homecoming
  8. Doctor Strange
  9. GoTG 2
  10. Eternals
  11. Captain America: Winter Soldier
  12. Ant-Man
  13. Captain America: The First Avenger
  14. Black Panther
  15. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  16. The Avengers
  17. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
  18. Captain Marvel
  19. Thor
  20. Thor: The Dark World
  21. Spider-man: No Way Home
  22. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  23. Iron Man 2
  24. Spider-man: Far From Home
  25. Shang Chi
  26. Black Widow
  27. Iron Man 3
  28. The Incredible Hulk
  29. Thor: Love and Thunder

The first 2 are fixed. The next 4 are interchangeable. Then the next 9 are also similar and depending on the day I am having one can be at whatever place. 

The next 6 are very good but I have some issues.

The next 4 are ok.

The last 3 are whatever.

Bold ones are Phase 4. And yes I am throwing FFH shit in Phase 4.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

I Think Taika is probably just stretching himself too thin these days with this, that pirate show, that football movie, his 52 acting projects. Also basically every movie he’s done prior to this has been acclaimed I dunno if that gives someone the overconfidence to think they could just walk the ball into the goal. This movie really does have the vibe of someone who thought they could just wing it because they’d done it well before.

It slightly concerned me when he mentioned he was editing L&T on the weekend and evenings while full time acting in OFMD during the day. Feige even was quoted saying he would be in the editing room at 8pm thinking Taika might not show up some days lol. Having seen the movie now it totally adds up. 

1. Endgame

2. Infinity War

3. Civil War

4. The Avengers

5. Winter Soldier

6. No Way Home

7. Ragnarok

8. Ant-Man and the Wasp

9. Ant-Man

10. Iron Man

11. Black Panther

12. Vol. 2

13. Guardians of the Galaxy

14. Far From Home

15. Homecoming

16. First Avenger

17. Multiverse of Madness

18. Captain Marvel

19. Ultron

20. Black Widow

21. ShangChi

22. Incredible Hulk

23. Doctor Strange

24. Iron Man 2

25. Love and Thunder

26. Thor

27. Iron Man 3

28. Dark World

29. Eternals

2 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

It slightly concerned me when he mentioned he was editing L&T on the weekend and evenings while full time acting in OFMD during the day. Feige even was quoted saying he would be in the editing room at 8pm thinking Taika might not show up some days lol. Having seen the movie now it totally adds up. 

Natalie also said yesterday there was many things cut from the movie, like really a LOT of things. 

Marches the reports that Taika shoot many different versions of the same sequences / situations, which is fine but i mean, when you have too much material you need to have time for editing. 

Maybe 6 months of delay would solve most of the problems, but Marvel really hates to delay things (probably because they have so many things happening at the same time). 

I was worried about Wakanda Forever aswell still shooting in March to release in November.

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Natalie also said yesterday there was many things cut from the movie, like really a LOT of things. 

Marches the reports that Taika shoot many different versions of the same sequences / situations, which is fine but i mean, when you have too much material you need to have time for editing. 

Maybe 6 months of delay would solve most of the problems, but Marvel really hates to delay things (probably because they have so many things happening at the same time). 

I was worried about Wakanda Forever aswell still shooting in March to release in November.

Yeah this was definitely a self made problem cause Taika was never meant to be in OFMD, just a producer but he got roped into it and basically that schedule completely clashed with L&T’s editing schedule to the point where they even had to film OFMD on weird days/times to accommodate him. I’m not sure why his agent or someone didn’t stop him lol 

• Like 1

marvel-studios-phase-4-comic-con?fimg-ss

So Thor Love and Thunder was the last part of the original Phase 4, what did you guys overall think of Phase 4.

Aside from Spider Man(which is not on here) I have zero interest in watching majority of these films and shows.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 1

Just read a review that said:

’It exists because it has to’.

This is it exactly what I’m thinking with Marvel Studios. It’s like their running on auto pilot, more focused on making ‘content’ than actually pushing themselves to make them interesting.

They just think people will eat up anything they release now but I think the tide is turning.

I don't think Marvel is fucked as long as they don't fuck up the Avengers movies. The first Avengers did amazing eventhough the only universally praised hit they had before was the first Iron Man. Although I guess, an Avengers 5 will miss the novelty factor that the first one had so people won't care much about the characters meeting each other. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

MCU Ranked

1. Infinity War 
  2. Endgame
  3. Thor: Ragnarok
  4. Civil War
  5. GoTG
  6. Iron Man
  7. Spider-man: Homecoming
  8. Doctor Strange
  9. GoTG 2
  10. Eternals
  11. Captain America: Winter Soldier
  12. Ant-Man
  13. Captain America: The First Avenger
  14. Black Panther
  15. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  16. The Avengers
  17. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
  18. Captain Marvel
  19. Thor
  20. Thor: The Dark World
  21. Spider-man: No Way Home
  22. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  23. Iron Man 2
  24. Spider-man: Far From Home
  25. Shang Chi
  26. Black Widow
  27. Iron Man 3
  28. The Incredible Hulk
  29. Thor: Love and Thunder

The first 2 are fixed. The next 4 are interchangeable. Then the next 9 are also similar and depending on the day I am having one can be at whatever place. 

The next 6 are very good but I have some issues.

The next 4 are ok.

The last 3 are whatever.

Bold ones are Phase 4. And yes I am throwing FFH shit in Phase 4.

Nwh that low. Also gotg is best solo marvel flick.

4 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

We are really in the flop era of the MCU...it was bound to happen post Endgame.

The last 2 MCU movies did 1.9b and 950m (both without their second biggest market - China). If this is the criteria for flop what do we call pretty much every other franchise that always does less than this?

• Like 6