TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

The funny thing is if they actually did wait to release a trailer in May, it would fit in with their ACTUAL regular release schedule for a teaser trailer releasing in November. May to November is 6 months. 

14 hours ago, eddyxx said:

The funny thing is if they actually did wait to release a trailer in May, it would fit in with their ACTUAL regular release schedule for a teaser trailer releasing in November. May to November is 6 months. 

Which is why, at this point, if it's a July release we're probably going to get more than a traditional teaser soon. But right now, I am banking on a later release.

4 hours ago, jedijake said:

Considering most "normal" people don't even know this movie is even coming,

Mad Max Reaction GIF

They will find out when the trailer is out in the next couple of months. And the movie will actually be FRESH in their minds!

We live in an era where there are upwards of 10 MCU projects in a year! Better to give them the time they deserve as opposed to bombarding casual audiences with five different projects at once that they will forget about.

• Like 3

Wednesday is the threshold for Thor's trailer release. After that, it is unlikely we will get one until after Doctor Strange 2. Tickets go on sale for DS2 Wednesday and there's no way they are going to interrupt those sales with another major trailer. So it's either today or tomorrow or not at all until MUCH later on.

This is completely unprecedented. Even a delay would have been announced by now. People would want to know what movies are coming out and when. That's how the fan base rolls. And the fact that nobody is really talking much about it means they need some kind of marketing. No Way Home was talked about incessantly for MONTHS prior to the trailer. "Leaks" about who was going to be in it, images, etc provided for great pre-trailer marketing.

This will be an interesting experiment to watch. A 2-2.5 month campaign is a first for such a movie. By that time, there will also be a massive push for Kenobi, Ms. Marvel as well as Lightyear. Likewise, Universal will be pushing the hell out of JW; Dominion. Gonna be a bumpy ride!

Edited by jedijake
  • Like 1

Just now, BruiseCruise said:

Maybe the plan is to drop a trailer with DS2 and then have a 6 week blitz before the release

CinemaCon is near the end of the month and everyone will be there promoting their summer movies. If there's nothing by then, it's unlikely this is coming out in July.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, filmlover said:

CinemaCon is near the end of the month and everyone will be there promoting their summer movies. If there's nothing by then, it's unlikely this is coming out in July.

Would they really do that a week before Strange comes out?

My thinking is that after Strange comes out, they will announce a whole new schedule slate of release dates. Problem is they've change it SO many times, people will stop trusting anything they say.

Edited by jedijake

If press tour is happening, it's definitely not delayed. Which makes sense tbh, we certainly would know if it's delayed at this point.

Still, i doubt we're gonna see this trailer this week. They won't drop it close to DS2 tickets, people can do both things but tickets would definitely be overshadowed on social media and they certainly don't want that.

My bet is next monday.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

If press tour is happening, it's definitely not delayed. Which makes sense tbh, we certainly would know if it's delayed at this point.

Still, i doubt we're gonna see this trailer this week. They won't drop it close to DS2 tickets, people can do both things but tickets would definitely be overshadowed on social media and they certainly don't want that.

My bet is next monday.

I double that 

What kind of press tour are they going to do? No images, no trailer, no....anything. There's really nothing to do a press tour with/for without anything to press.

And maybe a bigger question is WHY are they doing a press tour in the week that Strange tickets go on sale?

This whole thing is FUBAR.