TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

52 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Dr Strange simply had way bigger hype. 

I don't think that's the case. 

DS2 second trailer was strongly helped because well, it was announced at Super Bowl, and since the teaser was attached to NWH, the second trailer was the only one for this movie that debuts online, making it getting bigger views than 2nd trailers usually do.

Thor followed a normal marketing campaign, it had a super huge teaser (way bigger than any DS2 video) and now a trailer smaller in views, because that's what usually happens with big movies. The fact that the trailer drop just a month after the teaser certainly don't help. 

So yeah, at least when it comes to this, i don't think it's possible to say DS2 hype is that much bigger. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I don't think that's the case. 

DS2 second trailer was strongly helped because well, it was announced at Super Bowl, and since the teaser was attached to NWH, the second trailer was the only one for this movie that debuts online, making it getting bigger views than 2nd trailers usually do.

Thor followed a normal marketing campaign, it had a super huge teaser (way bigger than any DS2 video) and now a trailer smaller in views, because that's what usually happens with big movies. The fact that the trailer drop just a month after the teaser certainly don't help. 

So yeah, at least when it comes to this, i don't think it's possible to say DS2 hype is that much bigger. 

I don't think DS2 second trailer was particularly inflated by the first trailer's attachment to NWH. The first trailer was deflated because people saw it in theaters, but I don't see why that would make any difference to the second trailer. 

However, you do have a point with the bolded. I have noticed that longer gaps between first and second trailers do tend to help the performance of the second trailer. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh that first shot of him was very cool. But the next shot was just Christian Bale with a bit of face paint. 

Yes, well...shots from trailers are from all different parts of the movie, of course, and out of order.  I'm sure that's a shot from his pre-Godlike days, you know, when he's "making his vow"...

5 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

I loved MoM but it's pretty clear people expected something else and I think Marvel has itself to blame for it.

Naming it 'Multiverse' was bad idea. 

MoM would’ve been better off coming out before NWH like it was originally supposed to. NWH gave people certain expectations. This movie shouldn’t have that problem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MessiahXXR said:

Ticket prices are 20% higher, for one. Ragnarok opened to $122M and I guarantee you this won’t open below $160M.

Good because people going to the theaters is likely 30% lower than before pandemic or some shit like that. You could sell me on a 140M OW, but anything higher is DS2 all over again. What is the hook here for a 160M OW? Ragnarok even had a far better final trailer.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

What??

Which part is the part confusing you.

The dead part? I mean more specifically that after Thor's release, there's Nope and Bullet Train but the demographic crossover isn't that big of a concern to Thor. There's no all audience friendly blockbuster after Thor's release for the rest of the summer compared to the usual pre-pandemic Summers.

The GOTG2 part? I personally think it'll go higher, I'm merely talking baselines.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1