TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

It’s been said for years now that Marvel has a CGI problem. People were not afraid to point out how the dodgy VFX in Black Panther, and there was a meme going around last year about how fake the climax of Black Widow looked. 

They're both awful. Shang Chi climax is also extremelly artificial, NWH is one of the most ugly blockbusters i've ever seen (they updated after released so maybe it's better now). 

The TV shows also have some bizarre VFX work. 

Thor isn't even finished and it looks better than all of this examples. It uses the Mandalorian tech that everybody loves and honestly it looks exactly like that, but bigger.

6 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

Lmao what is this "adjusting for about a 10,000x budget?" Goalposts on wheels. 

Hey, I just went with what you said. Never did I say that Thor looked like a Neil Breen film though. You thought I did.

Edited by lorddemaxus

On 5/30/2022 at 10:44 AM, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

People on the Internet generally overstate how much the GA cares about the quality of special effects in my opinion.

GA doesn't care about the quality in general.

13 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

unknown.png

Awful shot.

13 hours ago, Jeight said:

How exactly is mcu sfx mistly shit? The majority of jt ranges from hood to great. There are dodgy shots but yhat is expected from every vfx heavy franchise.

Dc movies dont have inconsistent cgi?

NWH had some of the worst CGI in 200 mln dollar movie I've ever seen, not just a couple of dodgy shots.

Yep. GA doesn't care about the quality (including SFX) as much as they care about the hook. GOTG characters looked pretty dodgy in 70s SW Cantina and 70s Star Trek alien way, but the previews had a great hook and dodgy look fit right in. 

I'd say that while L&T looks pretty great, what is the hook? Don't say Thor Jane cause that's not nearly as hooky as Thor and Hulk team-up. Also, a character who isn't Thor wields Mjolnir has gotten old. Hela did it. Cap did it. Jane doing it is no hook. 

Edited by Valonqar

25 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Yep. GA doesn't care about the quality (including SFX) as much as they care about the hook. GOTG characters looked pretty dodgy in 70s SW Cantina and 70s Star Trek alien way, but the previews had a great hook and dodgy look fit right in. 

I'd say that while L&T looks pretty great, what is the hook? Don't say Thor Jane cause that's not nearly as hooky as Thor and Hulk team-up. Also, a character who isn't Thor wields Mjolnir has gotten old. Hela did it. Cap did it. Jane doing it is no hook. 

I agree, with the lack of hook I don't see this movie doing amazing numbers. I see it in the same ball park as ragnarok.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Well speaking just for me ill go see it for Bale.

Dude lived long enough to become the villain. I gotta respect that.

• Like 1

That's what I said. I don't find Jane Is Thor as great a hook as Thor/Hulk team-up. A character who can wield Mjolnir is no more a novelty and Jane wasn't exactly the most favorite character. I think boxoffice will be big off IW/Endgame wave, though. 

• Like 2

What i woundt underestimate as a hook is the fact that Thor is the only original Avenger left at this point to get his own movie. Iron Man is gone, Black Widow and Cap as well, Hawkeye retired and Hulk isnt going to get his own movie.

Funny as it sounds, this movie actually could get a bit of a nostalgia boost in that sense.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, T-ReXXR said:

“I don’t see a hook”

There’s literally a new Thor in the movie. 

Jane was never a fan favorite ,she looks great buts that just about it. Even if she was not in it. As long as the trailers and reception is good, people would still be rushing in droves to watch it.

In simple terms this is going to explode domestically if reception is good and it will have little to do with Jane as lady thor.

Hulk in ragnarok was still a way bigger hook.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

What i woundt underestimate as a hook is the fact that Thor is the only original Avenger left at this point to get his own movie. Iron Man is gone, Black Widow and Cap as well, Hawkeye retired and Hulk isnt going to get his own movie.

Funny as it sounds, this movie actually could get a bit of a nostalgia boost in that sense.

Exactly. That alone is a bigger hook than lady thor being in the movie.

Edited by Liiviig 1998
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Jane was never a fan favorite ,she looks great buts that just about it. Even if she was not in it. As long as the trailers and reception is good, people would still be rushing in droves to watch it.

In simple terms this is going to explode domestically if reception is good and it will have little to do with Jane as lady thor.

Hulk in ragnarok was still a way bigger hook.

Idk where the notion that this movie is going to explode domestically comes from....OS is its best shot. People on here actually think thor might make 500 dom i'm like wtf there's been three movies with ragnarok only making 315 at its peak.  370-390 is where i see its DOM.

Edited by SupermanLego

10 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Hey, I just went with what you said. Never did I say that Thor looked like a Neil Breen film though. You thought I did.

MCU is so bad. Why don't just ignore its existence at all?

I hate F&F films. I don't give a fuck about them. They may die, live, do whatever.

I don't think people disliked Jane per se but instead mostly disliked her role in earlier movies.

The real hook though guys is as simple as...

People want to see what Thor is up to after Endgame.

It's literally that simple

• Like 3

On 5/30/2022 at 9:36 AM, TMP said:

There's a conversation to be had about how the productions of these movies have ostensibly glorified steroid use lol

You are telling me people cannot become bodybuilders in 3 months? Wild.

fw20Lhd.png

Interest in Marvel and the MCU is quite high.  The search traffic baseline since things started up again with Wandavision in January 2021, is noticeably higher than pre-Endgame.  The pandemic obscured this in terms of Box Office gross, but the Marvel brand is very strong.  They won't have any trouble getting people interested in their movies.  Seeing what Thor is up to, and getting more of what Ragnarok delivered will be enough of a hook, and should get Love and Thunder a strong boost in OW from the previous installment.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

8 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Exactly. That alone is a bigger hook than lady thor being in the movie.

That’s just your guess though, you’ll never be able to prove that either. 

Twitter won’t be any use because it’ll be full of the usual suspects angry that there is a new Thor.