TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

35 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

I don’t know, man. 

Ragnarok is hilarious... and horrible, dark things happen. I felt like Thor’s speech to Rocket in IW lampshaded that. 

Yup and it s clearly suggested in both A IW & A EG that Thor copes with the tragedy of his life with humor as hard as he can because deep inside, he is a broken man.

That s why .at Thor made so much sense.

Lol at fanboys all over social media talking shit about  Portmam’s acting skills when she has proven that she can act circles around the entire cast of Ragnarok (except Cate Blanchett ofc).I don’t know what’s up with Lady Thor (sounds like a cool idea) but i’m Happy that Portman will get shut these fanboys up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

When insecure geeks are mad at you because they don’t like the idea of you playing a superhero, you’re only as good as your worst role. Recall how when the knives came out for Batfleck, people kept talking about Daredevil as if it was still relevant. Or how Robert Pattinson doesn’t deserve to be Batman in the eyes of some just because he was in Twilight. And I’m pretty sure Chris Evans caught shit for Fantastic Four when he was announced, too.

Edited by TServo2049

It may sound racist to some but...I do get the concerns of genderbending or racebending some characters.I sure as hell don't want to see a black Superman.Batman has to be white...he always has been.I think studios are doing these not because they genuinely care about diversity but because they want to get people talking on social media.

I am all about representation.About people of color or people by the LGBT  community or people with disabilities getting their time to shine.But you don't have to change your source material.Use your existing characters that could actually use the spotlight and need the attention.I want to see Vixen on screen,not a white Male character played by an actress that could play Vixen.Or better yet...create diverse characters to the point that they equal those that are already exist.

If that is racism...well I have bad news for me....

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 4

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Ladies and gents I present the alt right

gsqjl1kiftb31.jpg

f2h5zeh02vb31.jpg

Apparently straight white dudes can’t be deaf!

Fun fact, the dude on the bottom is banned from Magic The Gathering caused he harassed and stalked a female cosplayer out of the community

Dude's a monster

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:02 AM, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Lol at fanboys all over social media talking shit about  Portmam’s acting skills when she has proven that she can act circles around the entire cast of Ragnarok (except Cate Blanchett ofc).I don’t know what’s up with Lady Thor (sounds like a cool idea) but i’m Happy that Portman will get shut these fanboys up.

And I note that some of the alt.right types are angry not just because Thor is women, but, much worse the actress playing Thor is One Of Them.........

Edited by dudalb

And the "Getting Rid Of Chris Hemsworth" bit is funny, givne the Hemsworth was there at the announcement.

I am sure it going to be that Jane FOster  will take the role of Thor on Earth while Thor himself is off adventuring with the GOTG. And, yes, I think there probably be a cameo by Hemsworth in "Love and Thunder.

Edited by dudalb

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 2:44 PM, Ithil said:

Surprised they're so mad about a deaf superhero when they spent all their time covering their ears.

Hell, you already have a blind Superhero with Daredevil, why should a deaf one upset these morons?

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:32 AM, The Futurist said:

Yup and it s clearly suggested in both A IW & A EG that Thor copes with the tragedy of his life with humor as hard as he can because deep inside, he is a broken man.

That s why .at Thor made so much sense.

And not just with humor

With Pizza.Lots of Pizza.

I am in the very small minority that enjoy first two Thor movies, and put both in the upper half of 23  MCU movies. One big gripe of majority of audience regarding the first two Thor movies was Jane Foster and her limited role (being mostly Thor love interest). I for one like Jane Foster and their relationship and . I missed Dr Selvig a lot too, Darcy not so much.

I believe Thor 4 will be the best Thor movie. For me, it combines the best of first 2 Thor movies, love (between Thor and Jane), and and the best of third Thor movie, thunder (Ragnarok Thor's transformation). The bonus will be combining the interesting supporting characters (Dr Selvig, Darcy, Valkyrie, Korg),

I am pleasantly surprised with Jane's return and becoming Mighty Thor. I would have pissed off if some random character take up the mantle of God of Thunder, but not Jane. It is so organic and intriguing at the same time. That is how Disney should do the taking up the mantle thing. Falcon taking up Cap's mantle is another good one. (Glad Bucky did NOT share the mantle, his Winter Soldier's past will be forever controversial at best). I hope if they plan Iron Man like character in future, it would be the lad from Iron Man 3 - aka Iron Lad.

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

And the "Getting Rid Of Chris Hemsworth" bit is funny, givne the Hemsworth was there at the announcement.

I am sure it going to be that Jane FOster  will take the role of Thor on Earth while Thor himself is off adventuring with the GOTG. And, yes, I think there probably be a cameo by Hemsworth in "Love and Thunder.

It will not be a cameo, Chris H is the leading actor in ths movie. Thor 4 is not a spin-off.

Edit to add: And I doubt Marvel Studio will make Thor 5. After Thor 4, the main arc of Thor is likely completed in good closure. Future Thor (Chris H) appearance would be in team-up (GotG) and Avengers.

Edited by justvision