TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

12 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Right. It is just so frustrating to again and again be denied something over and over again

No. You actually are right. They are not lesbians. Val is confirmed as bisexual. They are both bi/queer women. I will make sure to use the proper terminology going forward. 

Cause there can only be one, right?  

That's not what I meant. What I meant was I thought the plan was to introduce their first gay hero (a la first female in CM) in Eternals, but this is coming out before so wouldn't be introducing.

I have since clocked that this is obviously, not coming out before Eternals... so ignore what I said lol.

And these characters are gay? In the comic books ? / Confirmed by Marvel studios?

That is cool if so.

7 minutes ago, Avatree said:

That's not what I meant. What I meant was I thought the plan was to introduce their first gay hero (a la first female in CM) in Eternals, but this is coming out before so wouldn't be introducing.

I have since clocked that this is obviously, not coming out before Eternals... so ignore what I said lol.

And these characters are gay? In the comic books ? / Confirmed by Marvel studios?

That is cool if so.

Valkyrie is, I don’t believe Mighty Thor has any explicit queerness from the comics.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Avatree said:

, but this is coming out before so wouldn't be introducing.

Eternals is 2020. This is 2021. So that would mean...

8 minutes ago, Avatree said:

That is cool if so.

Val is in the comics and in the movies. 

On 7/25/2019 at 1:54 PM, justvision said:

I would be a bit disappointed if Thor 4 does not show Thor going outer space in search of another realm (read: planet) for Asgard. In spirit I agree Asgard is about people, not a place. But in reality the people need to find a place to inhabit and develop their civilization. Lodging in a small town on Earth will be depressing to the remnants. And Asgard is supposed to protect Nine Realms, how on Earth (literally) are they going to build the infrastructure, the advanced technology, and Bifrost Bridge?

I think Thor's decision at the end of Endgame (still got to be vague about this due to Endgame spoilers restriction) should not be viewed as unloading responsibility to Valkyrie and seeking his own freedom. I like to think he wanted to explore a new frontier for his people, being a spiritual leader and a pioneer, so he could afford to stay on Earth for daily administrative work.

Not as depressing as when New Asgard was in Oklahoma. :rofl:

Considering how few Asgardians are left I'm not sure they need an entire planet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Seriously though Thor has had seriously shitty luck. Threesome doesn't seem unlucky though just saying. Everyone wins. In all seriousness I'm down for whatever it will be good.

Thor had 1500 hundred years of very easy riding though - and I'm sure there were multiple threesomes and orgies in his past. :rock:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Interesting they're filming this in Australia again.  BW is in the UK.  Where is Eternals being filmed?  Are Marvel neatly avoiding Georgia?

Eternals is in Pinewood/England.

Shang-Chi will go right after Thor in Sydney, Australia. 

And yes...that appears to be the case.  Marvel Studios...continue to be on top of things quickly! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Interesting they're filming this in Australia again.  BW is in the UK.  Where is Eternals being filmed?  Are Marvel neatly avoiding Georgia?

London as well for Eternals

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyK said:

I starting to think this could be Marvels first major flop.

This statement feels vaguely familiar. Never been right in all the times I've heard it over the years but it keeps being said...like "we only have "x" years to save the planet". I suppose one day both will be true but not because of any correct prognosticating. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Are Marvel neatly avoiding Georgia?

I believe eternals is also in AUS. The article about Thor 4 said they would be taking over the same soundstage

And if they ARE than Victoria Alonso is truly QUEEN. 

14 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

This statement feels vaguely familiar. Never been right in all the times I've heard it over the years but it keeps being said...like "we only have "x" years to save the planet". I suppose one day both will be true but not because of any correct prognosticating. 

Actually the Solo Hulk film did not make back it's cost,so technically that is a flop, though the amount of money lost was not a lot.

But yeah, If you are predicting a flop for Marvel studios I would not pick Thor 4. I think Shang-Chi is the most problematical film on the schedule,but even I would not care to predict it's going to flop. Someday, yeah, Marvel will have another flop...just the law of averages...but I would bet a lot it will not be Thor 4.

26 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

I take pride in being wrong in every single club.

You should thank me for not putting the kiss of death on this.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Actually the Solo Hulk film did not make back it's cost,so technically that is a flop, though the amount of money lost was not a lot.

But yeah, If you are predicting a flop for Marvel studios I would not pick Thor 4. I think Shang-Chi is the most problematical film on the schedule,but even I would not care to predict it's going to flop. Someday, yeah, Marvel will have another flop...just the law of averages...but I would bet a lot it will not be Thor 4.

Hulk underperformed no doubt. Flop it was not but we are likely dealing in semantics we aren't going to agree upon. 

• Like 1