TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

On 7/30/2019 at 9:16 PM, dudalb said:

Actually the Solo Hulk film did not make back it's cost,...

Don't estimate HV, as it was at that time a bit better for discs, and is now to get as digital too = lots of newer fans buy the 'collection'

Rentals US (stupid system at BOM for that)

2008 DVD / Home Video Rentals

Week
(click to view)
Rank Rental
Index
%
Change
Week
#
Oct. 20–26 1 100.00 - 1
Oct.27–Nov. 2 2 81.88 -35.8% 2
Nov. 3–9 4 60.69 -18.3% 3
Nov. 10–16 5 46.27 -24.4% 4
Nov. 17–23 8 33.75 -19.9% 5
Nov. 24–30 12 23.80 -24.4% 6
Dec. 1–7 17 19.60 -23.5% 7
Dec. 8–14 19 12.83 -19.9% 8
Dec. 15–21 27 13.22 -22.7% 9
Dec. 22–28 31 13.14 -18.1% 10

2009 DVD / Home Video Rentals

Week
(click to view)
Rank Rental
Index
%
Change
Week
#
Dec.29–Jan. 4 31 10.58 -16.3% 11
Jan. 5–11 38 8.50 -11.7% 12
Jan. 12–18 40 9.90 -9.8% 13
Jan. 19–25 47 6.81 -11.7% 14

US sales

Home Market Performance
Est. Domestic DVD Sales $70,129,779 Details
Est. Domestic Blu-ray Sales $10,715,185 Details
Total Est. Domestic Video Sales $80,844,964

now add TV rights,... the afore mentioned digital rents and sales, and you get a nice additional amount for the US.

And now... imagine a 'little bit' more for non-US

Years to come with some drops here and there, for years still adding up.

At itunes Germany for the moment slightly reduced as part of their MCU offers (all of them are reduced, varying degrees, see e.g. CA 1-3 prices), IHULK for 7.99. ..... Euros

That's ~ $9.

According to the best-selling lists the MCU titles are doing good, there at least.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

So someone is returning in Thor 4...if true...MCU will become a joke.

Well, if Gamora could be brought back through 2014 timeline, I don't see why that someone cannot be brought back through 2012 timeline. When I saw that scene in the lobby I know they already told us how he is coming back.

Though I don't think it is a joke, I am not a fan of time travel and multiverses. Firstly they usually make no sense and self-contradictory. Secondly the stake is greatly reduced. It is important for Marvel Studio to strictly follow some rules and internally consistent logic of time travel and multiverses. However, seeing that Russo Brothers and M&M cannot even agree what happened in the end of Endgame, I think they just improvise along the way.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, justvision said:

Well, if Gamora could be brought back through 2014 timeline, I don't see why that someone cannot be brought back through 2012 timeline. When I saw that scene in the lobby I know they already told us how he is coming back.

Though I don't think it is a joke, I am not a fan of time travel and multiverses. Firstly they usually make no sense and self-contradictory. Secondly the stake is greatly reduced. It is important for Marvel Studio to strictly follow some rules and internally consistent logic of time travel and multiverses. However, seeing that Russo Brothers and M&M cannot even agree what happened in the end of Endgame, I think they just improvise along the way.

Russo’s get it. M&M are in loony town with the time travel rules of their own story. I hope to god that they keep everything straight and making sense, or it will start to harm the sense of stakes.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'd be very happy if someone is coming back cause that someone is hugely responsible for Thor franchise success and it wouldn't feel right without that someone. Also someone and Thor have unparalleled chemistry. 

Is that another 2 weeks or so before we can name that someone who shall not be named?

the endgame spoiler ban is such a joke :lol:

I have to agree though, much as I love that character, it would harm the stakes. I don't care that they were in Endgame, if they come back for real then it kills the value of stakes. That's the main reason I didn't like Infinity War. Because major characters had died and then at the end it was like "ok well clearly no one's actually dead they're coming back next year". turned out with the way that endgame handled it, together they work well, with the exception of one character who should have stayed dead in Infinity War.

I missed that it was filming in Sydney.

With the Fox acquisition complete Disney now owns Fox Studios at Moore Park in Sydney.

140517-A219_xlarge.jpg

The sound stages and other facilities are along the bottom.  Upper right is the Sydney Cricket Ground.

• Like 2