TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

4 minutes ago, p a p i said:

Wonder how much in profits, from theatrical run only, Thor has made by now. PROFITS. 

If I had to shoot, I would say 62M-65M.

Just from the theatrical run? I'd say it hasn't or it's very close to breakeven. 

50-55% of domestic BO + 40-45% of OS BO = $315-345M theatrical gross profit 

Subtract the budget ($250M) = $65-95M

Subtract marketing ($100M?) = ($35-5M) 

5 minutes ago, In XXR We Trust said:

Just from the theatrical run? I'd say it hasn't or it's very close to breakeven. 

This is probably just going to break even or make a few bucks... wild that last movie Marvel actually made a good chunk of change on theatrically was Avengers Endgame lol

• ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

This is probably just going to break even or make a few bucks... wild that last movie Marvel actually made a good chunk of change on theatrically was Avengers Endgame lol

Multiverse of Madness should have made $100-150M net profit just from theatrical and No Way Home should easily be in the $550-650M range. 

Edited by In XXR We Trust

1 hour ago, In XXR We Trust said:

The marketing for THOR 3 was $150m, I doubt it decreased for 4. Probably closer to $200m.

Thor was exclusive for only 63 days in theaters.

Disney screwing over theaters again.

Can you imagine if Top Gun Maverick went to free streaming after only 63 days in theaters?

Disney are training people to wait just 2 months to see their movies for free on the D+. They absolutely must have longer theatrical windows. 90 days at least!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Can you imagine if Top Gun Maverick went to free streaming after only 63 days in theaters?

Disney are training people to wait just 2 months to see their movies for free on the D+. They absolutely must have longer theatrical windows. 90 days at least!

63 days for Thor is not bad.

33 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

not bad for a studio who now fully pull off growth of streaming.

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

63 is more than the 45 all of their other releases have had though. 

21 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

It’s not like this was making Top Gun money though.

Why are people still surprised of Disney's moves? Their strategy is obvious to everyone. They are like a tyrant, a dictator, the North Korea of the cinema world, you name it. I certainly not getting anywhere near D+, if you want to raise your kid properly, you stay away from Disney films in general.

Regards to THOR, it's getting a decent domestic tally in general, unfortunately couldn't match that internationally.

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • ...wtf 2

18 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Doctor Strange 2 completely obliterating Thor 4 is a twist I didn't see coming. Considering that both got mixed fandom reception, neither had the advantage. 

It was always quite evident that DS2 had more potential as people were expecting more of an event. The potential for Thor to win was if it got good reception, after DS2 stumbled.