TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

Yeah, this is probably going to be Chris Hemsworth’s Logan. There’s not a whole lot you can really do with Thor’s character at this point, so if you’re going to make another movie, replacing him makes the most sense. 

So, just to recap: Iron Man passed the baton to Spider-Man, Captain America passed the baton to Falcon (it’s okay to say that without a spoiler tag at this point, right?), and Thor will most likely be passing the baton off to Jane. 

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Yeah, this is probably going to be Chris Hemsworth’s Logan. There’s not a whole lot you can really do with Thor’s character at this point

I wanna see Old King Thor, which would be more similar to Logan, but I guess that's not happening soon.

25 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

natalie portman realizing she can't do Jackies and Vox Luxes for the rest of her career i guess. i'm sure the art is nice but it's probably nice to get paid too.

It s also visibility.

Making a career out of movies only seen by Film Twitter and the Awards circus can ony get you that far.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

True though this really smacks of replacement. There's no way she'd be back if they didn't give her the Thor lead. I fear Thor 4 is the last of Hemsworth. 

Hemsworth will probably be involved in the MCU until he dies since he has struggled out side of it

Natalie Portman as Thor is a surprise. She is one of my favorite actresses working today. I'm very interested in seeing what becomes of Hemsworth's Thor if there's gonna be a new one, but if Hemsworth is out, then I think I'm happy about it--Evans being out and Downey Jr. being out means that it'd be tough to fit Hemsworth's Thor into the story going forward.

2 hours ago, SLAM! said:

Natalie Portman as Thor is a surprise. She is one of my favorite actresses working today. I'm very interested in seeing what becomes of Hemsworth's Thor if there's gonna be a new one, but if Hemsworth is out, then I think I'm happy about it--Evans being out and Downey Jr. being out means that it'd be tough to fit Hemsworth's Thor into the story going forward.

Jane Foster as Thor is straight from the comics. I think it could work but the actress is so petite, it could be hard to believe. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SLAM! said:

Thor didn't vanish when Jane was Thor in the comics, he was called Odinson and was doing his own thing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Jane Foster as Thor is straight from the comics. I think it could work but the actress is so petite, it could be hard to believe. 

Movie won’t start shooting for like a year, plenty of time for Natalie to bulk up ;) 

Edited by Thanos Legion

I just can’t wait for Jane and Val to be gay and Thor to be fat. There is zero point otherwise.  Great title though. Should be fun. 

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Disbelief 1