TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

On 7/20/2019 at 6:45 PM, Valonqar said:

THIS IS GOING TO BE COMEDY GOLD. TOTALLY STOLE EVERYONE'S THUNDER PUN INTENDED. 

Does anyone think that Portman was lured back with the promise that she'll continue as Thor in sequels? This kind of strikes me as passing of the torch. 

Read the comics. You will think otherwise.

Jane Foster's Thor storyline is way more meatier than just her being the first female Thor. She's also a cancer survivor, but her transformation into Thor screws up her treatment and the cancer keeps coming back. Increasing the emotional heft tenfold.

Purely speculating, but I think one of the reasons Jason Aaron, the writer of the Jane Foster Thor book, probably came up with the idea in the first place in hopes that it would catch Portman and Feige's interest and be adapted on the big screen. So... score?

Edited by Spidey Freak

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Purely speculating, but I think one of the reasons Jason Aaron, the writer of the Jane Foster Thor book, probably came up with the idea in the first place in hopes that it would catch Portman and Feige's interest and be adapted on the big screen.

TBH I get that vibe from a couple of the Marvel comics I've tried to read in the past year, like it's written with the actors in mind. There's def some line-blurring. They even started writing comic Thor 'funnier' and he's looking more like Chris than ever.  Personally I would have loved to see the God butcher story but I can see how FemThor would be more 'catchy', and possibly easier to do in a movie or two. All I ask is Hemsworth gets his due and a fitting end.

Edited by thedast

39 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I starting to think this could be Marvels first major flop.

Lmao alrighty then. #1 or 2 most anticipated with an incredible cast and a returning director to one of the most successful films with amazing critical/audience WOM. 

1.2B is more likely than a flop but I will be conservative and say 1B

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

I starting to think this could be Marvels first major flop.

This from Black Panther thread,

On 7/27/2017 at 10:37 AM, AndyK said:

I have a feeling this movie is going to underperform by quite a bit.

QUITE HILARIOUS!!

Edited by Finnick
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Finnick said:

This from Black Panther thread,

QUITE HILARIOUS!!

My BP prediction was based on trailer views, which at the time were pretty pisd poor compared to other MCU movies.

I know Cape movies are whack by definition, but this sounds beyond whack. I mean why not go the whole way and bring back Odin as Korgs love interest?

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

isn't Jane Thor going to be Valkyrie's love interest? 

Not sure why people assume this. Jane is Thor's love interest and I'd say it's better to build on their dynamic and history than stripping that away in favor of a romance between two characters who've had zero onscreen interaction. Just bring on someone else for Val. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe

10 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Not sure why people assume this. Jane is Thor's love interest and I'd say it's better to build on their dynamic and history than stripping that away in favor of a romance between two characters who've had zero onscreen interaction. Just bring on someone else for Val. 

BECAUSE LESBIANS

Portman and Hemsworth have zero chemistry. She was working so hard and he was a brick wall. There is nothing lost there. 

That said, if this means we get Angela, I will gladly take a ménage a trios between her, Jane; and Val. 

19 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

BECAUSE LESBIANS

Portman and Hemsworth have zero chemistry. She was working so hard and he was a brick wall. There is nothing lost there. 

That said, if this means we get Angela, I will gladly take a ménage a trios between her, Jane; and Val. 

I guess I'm one of the few who liked Jane and Thor but even if I didn't, I still think Jane as Thor automatically makes their dynamic more interesting than a new romance between Jane and Val. Also, can Thor have something, just one thing? Lol I love him and I'm tired of seeing him lose. 

• Like 3

Not saying Marvel shouldn't do it, but why would they make these characters lesbians?

Aren't they planning on making their first gay character in The Eternals? Last time I checked, at least.

10 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Also, can Thor have something, just one thing? Lol I love him and I'm tired of seeing him lose. 

Right. It is just so frustrating to again and again be denied something over and over again

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

Not saying Marvel shouldn't do it, but why would they make these characters lesbians?

No. You actually are right. They are not lesbians. Val is confirmed as bisexual. They are both bi/queer women. I will make sure to use the proper terminology going forward. 

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

Aren't they planning on making their first gay character in The Eternals? Last time I checked, at least.

Cause there can only be one, right?