TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Come on, it was another live-action remake of a classic cartoon, not Blade Runner 2049.

Well, at least it wasn't a comic book adaptation. Not that those are inherently bad, but at least it was different.

I'm sorry, I honestly don't get why anyone really wants a live action American-made Akira movie or why that was a creatively commendable idea. Or why Taika Waititi was a good fit for the material. The whole thing made no sense to me. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Remain a wealthy individual, spend more time with his wife and kids, and continue to do roles that interest him in smaller movies?

Oh yeh cause I’m sure studios would love to keep throwing money behind Chris Hemsworth vehicles for all eternity 😂

• Knock It Off 1

28 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Well, at least it wasn't a comic book adaptation. Not that those are inherently bad, but at least it was different.

Lol wut?

Akira was absolutely 100% a comic book:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_(manga)

20 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

I'm sorry, I honestly don't get why anyone really wants a live action American-made Akira movie or why that was a creatively commendable idea. Or why Taika Waititi was a good fit for the material. The whole thing made no sense to me. 

Akira (a new version) is obviously going to be an ultra challenging movie to make, but if they nail it, it could be glorious. There's definitely no guarantee it would work, but sometimes you gotta gamble and hope you strike gold.

That said, the notion that Hemsworth is to blame for Akira being delayed is ridiculous. Akira clearly had more than it's fair share of problems, and needed to be delayed regardless of Thor 4.

Akira had a much bigger chance of being a mess, I couldn't even imagine what that source + his sensibilities would look like, but just for that reason it would still have been a more interesting direction for Waititi to go in than Another Thor Movie.

Just now, Davidwested said:

I thought every MCU solo character would only get a trilogy now here we are with a 4th for "Fat" Thor :hahaha:meanwhile we still have not even heard about a 3rd Ant-Man and Wasp movie.

Well Thor was a part of the big 3 but I think everyone recognizes that he was shortchanged with the first two Thor movies and even in the pre-IW teamup films so it's understandable that he would get a fourth movie. Another Ant-Man and the Wasp movie is coming, I'm sure, but safe to say very few are clamoring for it. It can wait a little longer. 

Loved loved Ragnarok so awesome this is happening. Thor definitely still has places to go in his story. Wonder if Hulk will reappear too.

Wonder though if Disney/Marvel allowed this or they preferred this kept "secret" til Sat.

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Loved loved Ragnarok so awesome this is happening. Thor definitely still has places to go in his story. Wonder if Hulk will reappear too.

Wonder though if Disney/Marvel allowed this or they preferred this kept "secret" til Sat.

Very few things are leaked without Marvel/Feige's approval, yeah? I figured some stuff would start to leak before Saturday...this may not be the last. The SDCC panel will likely focus on the movies that are filming or in pre-production so I don't think they mind a leak like this. Many people knew there was a good chance Thor would get another movie, anyhow. 

• Like 1