TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

Disney lured me in to their streaming app with Loki 🙂. Glad I got it. Great picture quality and surround sound. I must say that because while HBO Max also has surround sound, Peacock, strangely does not...the other streaming survice I subscribe to, Curiosity Stream, doesn't either, but I mainly have that for science/nature docs, not a home movie experience.

There's a function on the audio receiver to re-route the Peacock/CuriosityStream audio through all 6 speakers, so I do that. Audio hit and miss aside, the picture quality of streaming has surpassed cable.

Anyway, the "Time Variance Authority"  TVA, brings up a question...what if THANOS would have violated the timeline 🙂?! Would they have been able to apprehend him? With a slow motion baton strike 🙂?  Even if they did manage to subdue him, would he sit there under the judgement of someone else 🙂

They kind of explained it, that this is some magical realm where powers don't work. Okay...

Some wokeness thrown in your face, what's new 🙂...there's some confusion with Loki...on the one hand, he's depicted as a trickster, that can't beat his brother in a fight. That he relies on trickery to defeat rivals, not direct combat. However, he's ALSO shown beating a group of dark elves by himself, and here physically overtaking a TVA guard 🙂! Which is it?

For the first episode, it was good. It appears there's gonna be some time traveling, which could produce some interesting scenarios 🙂

I see Falcon/Winter Soldier and Vision/Scarlet Witch there...I may check them out. Not really interested in those other chumps, just Thor, Thor, Thor 🙂. Give me a Valkyrie series. A Ulik series. Vision/Scarlet looks awkward...

Edited by OdinSon2k14

4 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Huh huh huh 🙂...Natalie Portman is NOT taller than Tessa Thompson 🙂...if the second Loki episode uploads at 12AM, I'll be able to view that tonight 🙂

Edited by OdinSon2k14

2 hours ago, Menor said:

Was coming to post this. Seems like Giacchino is doing every damn CBM now lol. No Way Home, Batman, now this. I like him but would have preferred Mothersbaugh to return, he did well with Ragnarok.

Same the Ragnarok score stands out amongst other MCU scores but Mothersbaugh did suffer heavily from COVID last year so maybe he's not able to score a project such as this. 

Hope Giacchino keeps some of the same themes though.

Edited by Maggie

8 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I feel like the Super Bowl would be a waste with DSITMOM coming before it. I'm not saying they are gonna do a DSITMOM Super Bowl trailer, but I don't see a L&T one coming either. However, I agree with some others that the teaser will be here before Valentines Day.

Edited by RiddlerXXR