TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

10 minutes ago, stealthyfrog said:

This time Waititi is to blame for pulling out, though I can't really blame him too much for pursuing greener pastures.

We don’t know what was going on behind the scenes. He could have had valid reason to. It’s not like one day he decided “Welp, I don’t wanna do this anymore, screw all y’all!”

Edited by TServo2049

21 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Isn't she getting her own Disney+ show?  

It's been rumoured but not outright confirmed the way others like Loki, Falcon/Winter Soldier, ScarletVision have been as far as I'm aware? Maybe with this now there wouldn't be any need for it, if it was something that was even going to happen in the first place.

53 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Isn't she getting her own Disney+ show?  

Not until 2020, since Jaime Alexander's  "Blindspot" has been renewed for a fifth season (assuming that Disney wants Jaime Alexander for the role, which I think they do).

Having a successful TV series has a drawback"It can make scheduling other projects hard. A movie, maybe,but lead roles in two series at the same time is pretty tough to do.

I now just read it was an injuty that she suffered while shooting "Blindspot" that made her unavailable for "ragnarok".

Poor Jaime. She suffered quite a few serous injuries why shooting that show.(Not to mention that bad one she suffered on "Thor"Dark World". But with a fifth season it enters into Syndication territory, and she had a nice steady income from residuals. "Jane Doe" has ,if you forget the injuries ,been a good role for her.

The next will be the last season;maybe as far as character arcs go, one too far since "Jane Doe" pretty much finished hers last season;we found what her tattoos meant.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, TServo2049 said:

We don’t know what was going on behind the scenes. He could have had valid reason to. It’s not like one day he decided “Welp, I don’t wanna do this anymore, screw all y’all!”

I wonder if it was not  a case of Warners getting cold feet on Akira ,  cutting back on the budget ,until Watiti just said "forget it. Better not to do it then try and do it on the cheap".

I am convinced that Alita's lackluster performance at the box office was a major factor in Akira going back to development hell.

Besides, if Waitit has another huge hit with THor 4, it will give him a lot more muscle if he wants to return to Akira. It will prove the success of Ragnarok was not just a flash in the pan;there have been quite a few cases of hot young directors flaming out with their second big budget film.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

The fact that so much of Thor’s supporting cast is dead is another reason I’d prefer for Thor to be a supporting character moving forward. Still, I guess they could bring back Hela, and maybe bring in the Enchantress (don’t know if they’ll call her that, though).

I expect this to be another two-hander with some other significant Marvel character who's either appeared before, or for the first time.  I think many forget that Hulk was put in Ragnarok not only to move that character forward, but to help "boost" Thor's franchise street cred a bit, too.  But Hulk is (seemingly) no longer an option...as are many of the OG Avengers...but I'm sure Waititi and company have something creative in mind...which will hopefully also involve more Korg.

3 hours ago, Macleod said:

I expect this to be another two-hander with some other significant Marvel character 

I love the idea of Thor and Hercules slapping each other on the back as hard as possible all movie long.

29 minutes ago, kitik said:

I love the idea of Thor and Hercules slapping each other on the back as hard as possible all movie long.

Yeah, the Herk/Thor punch ups in the SIlver age comics were a lot of fun.

Now convinced if The Eternals really does introduced Hercules (Not been confirmed) Wakiti will not be able to resist using him.

6 hours ago, Gamora said:

Sif hasn't been addressed yet, maybe she could return.

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

I now just read it was an injuty that she suffered while shooting "Blindspot" that made her unavailable for "ragnarok".

Poor Jaime. She suffered quite a few serous injuries why shooting that show.(Not to mention that bad one she suffered on "Thor"Dark World". But with a fifth season it enters into Syndication territory, and she had a nice steady income from residuals. "Jane Doe" has ,if you forget the injuries ,been a good role for her.

Jaimie Alexander broke her back on the set of Thor.

Stupid creators who force females to wear high heels even if they have to run, jump and fight.

I read repeatedly she still has problems based on that plus she can not do as much stunts, maybe even none of her stunts anymore.

Way too often actresses and their stunt people have to take way more bruising, injury risks...., as per costumes less padding is possible, but if it goes to shoes... simple stupid

Its very annoying, I'd like to see a runner wear high heels at track running, no event would allow that for security / insurance reasons

rant over

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Barnack said:

- snip -

They were surprisingly somewhat common.

I know, but not for track runs, hence why I picked that version too - way too accident provoking 😉

a set isn't always a flat surfaced stage.....

Steep surfaces, a bit of wetness to worse... not good too

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DAJK said:

Honestly, if this is as good as Ragnarok, I'd say that film (and the Infinity Wars) brought a lot of goodwill to the character. Wouldn't be surprised at 150/400

your first part of statement doesn't match with end. Think bigger.

This is opening to IM3 adjusted perhaps with better trend most likely.

200+ / 500+

• Astonished 2

Marvel Studios is one of the most toxic, anti-artist environment to work in.

The moment you step in that door, you become an inconsequential soldier of suits that dictate how your movie should be.

Marvel Studios is such a nightmarish place to work that since 2014, every director has come back for a sequel.

Don't go there and go where your artistry and vision will be valued, respected & fullfilled.

Marvel Studios, just say NO.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Maybe we should wait for a trailer or to see what the movie will actually be about before predicting box office numbers. If Spider-Man couldn't get a huge DOM bump from Endgame and a previously well-received solo movie, I don't think we should be too quick to say Thor will. 

• Like 1

Thor's my favourite of the older cast, so this makes me happy, and maybe now some people will stop whining that Thor didn't get a 'big' ending in Endgame. I always figured he was being set up for more stories. With that said, hope we get a Dr Strange update at SDCC.