TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

In the comics, every time Jane Foster wields mjolnir and transforms into Thor, it burns away all the chemotherapy and radiation that is keeping her cancer away. So in a way Jane Foster is sacrificing herself and coming one step closer to death every time she chooses to save people or do some good stuff as Thor. In subsequent and different story lines which involves Doctor Strange, she transforms into Thor again knowing that even transforming once will kill her. She does so anyways out of desperation to stop a villain and dies in the arms of real Thor. This being a comic book, she of course doesn't stay dead for long and is revived by Thor. She goes on to complete her chemotherapy and in the end (in another storyline) she becomes a Valkyrie. 

So I am thinking Portman took this role because she is gonna have a major and bulky role in the movie unlike the previous ones. I also think they are gonna end up having her sacrificing herself like in the comics. Which again would explain why Portman took the role. It is a dramatic role and only for one movie and Portman doesnt strike me as someone who would want to be tied to a franchise for long term. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

In the comics, every time Jane Foster wields mjolnir and transforms into Thor, it burns away all the chemotherapy and radiation that is keeping her cancer away. So in a way Jane Foster is sacrificing herself and coming one step closer to death every time she chooses to save people or do some good stuff as Thor. In subsequent and different story lines which involves Doctor Strange, she transforms into Thor again knowing that even transforming once will kill her. She does so anyways out of desperation to stop a villain and dies in the arms of real Thor. This being a comic book, she of course doesn't stay dead for long and is revived by Thor. She goes on to complete her chemotherapy and in the end (in another storyline) she becomes a Valkyrie. 

So I am thinking Portman took this role because she is gonna have a major and bulky role in the movie unlike the previous ones. I also think they are gonna end up having her sacrificing herself like in the comics. Which again would explain why Portman took the role. It is a dramatic role and only for one movie and Portman doesnt strike me as someone who would want to be tied to a franchise for long term. 

:(:(:(

the title is a comedy so it cannot be that dark. 

@Horner is that the official art?

Edited by Valonqar

Yeah, I never heard anything real saying Chris was being dropped. Yet people were already repeating it as if it weren’t just conjecture within hours, maybe even minutes, of the announcement, despite him being right there up on the stage!

Edited by TServo2049

Peter's mom dies of cancer in Guardians of the Galaxy, really sad moment.

It's also one of the most hilarious movies in the MCU overall. Actually, sadness and comedy usually go very well together. Most comedies have very sad moments in them.

• Like 7

On 7/21/2019 at 11:31 AM, Orestes said:

It was Ultimate universe Thor that had died during the Secret Wars event where Marvel basically got rid of the of Ultimates universe and most of its characters. Regular Thor had merely become unworthy due to something Nick Fury said to him.

LOL...wut.

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

I also think they are gonna end up having her sacrificing herself like in the comics.

Oh jeez, the fallout from that would be just as much “fun” to hear as the angry male complaints now...

3690rb.jpg

We’ll know when equality is achieved not just when female protagonists are as common as male ones, but also when killing off a female protagonist in a heroic sacrifice the same way as a male protagonist no longer generates a hundred think pieces about what negative effect it has for women in fiction.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

bUt WhY aRe ThEy DrOpPiNg ChRiS fRoM tHe FrAnChIsE?

Because they're gonna make him skinny again and no one wants that.

:stirthepot:

37 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

:(:(:(

the title is a comedy so it cannot be that dark. 

@Horner is that the official art?

Dark and comedy ain’t mutually exclusive.

In fact, some of the movies that deal with darker themes are often also hilarious/comedic.

Before anyone else jumps in with the “Marvel can’t handle or would never go for such things.” Frankly speaking, you can suck it and take that shit somewhere else :) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2