charlie Jatinder

Tuesday (7/16) Numbers

I'm hoping crawl develop some really nice legs. I told every single one of my friends they need to be seeing that movie.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Won’t Avatar still be biggest film internationally of all time? 

Domestic: Star Wars

International: Avatar

Worldwide: Endgame

And all three are Disney properties... Greedy Mouse

32 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Won’t Avatar still be biggest film internationally of all time? 

Domestic: Star Wars

International: Avatar

Worldwide: Endgame

Yes in terms of $.

In real term, i.e. at same exchange rate for everything, Endgame will be 25% ahead.

I mean who will you call bigger grosser in India;

Jurassic World $20mn (₹130cr).

Adjusted for exchange rate; real term of gross of Avatar was $2.35 Bn Approx (i.e. $ 1.62 Bn overseas). Endgame will be $1.94 Billion.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Thanks 4
  • Knock It Off 1

Looking at Friday showings compared to today - FFH is going to take it on the chin this weekend in terms of available showings

FFH is losing alot of screens (including the IMAX and PLF).

At the 6 theaters closest to me it is going

3 screens to 1 screen

4 screens to 1 1/2 screens

4 screens to 1 screen plus 1 addl night showing

3 1/2 screens to 1 1/2 screens

3 screens to 1 screen

4 screens to 2 1/2 screens.

it looks like Disney was largely able to protect its properties. In a couple of theaters Aladdin is losing a late night show. AE is only being dropped from 1 theater it was in (out of 5), though in the others it is mostly down to just 1 nighttime showing.

Yesterday held all its theaters and looks like it kept at least 90% of its showings. Crawl and Stuber kepts their screens (though in the one theater Crawl was on 2 screens it is on 1 this weekend). 

Pretty much everything outside the top 6 are either gone or down to a single or 2 showings.

3 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

Looking at Friday showings compared to today - FFH is going to take it on the chin this weekend in terms of available showings

3 screens to 1 screen

3 screens to 1 screen

it looks like Disney was largely able to protect its properties. In a couple of theaters Aladdin is losing a late night show. AE is only being dropped from 1 theater it was in (out of 5), though in the others it is mostly down to just 1 nighttime showing.

Yesterday held all its theaters and looks like it kept at least 90% of its showings. Crawl and Stuber kepts their screens (though in the one theater Crawl was on 2 screens it is on 1 this weekend). 

Pretty much everything outside the top 6 are either gone or down to a single or 2 showings.

How many percent of screen EG will lose this weekend?

9 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

3 screens to 1 screen

3 screens to 1 screen

not  suprising

Edited by john2000

1 hour ago, MaxWilder said:

Where is that number from?

A couple of CNBC articles cite that number ($2,789,705,275), like this one:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/06/avengers-infinity-war-crosses-1-billion-faster-than-any-movie.html

Strange, I never noticed that there's a different number floating out there for Avatar. Mojo still shows $2,787,965,087. Where did that extra $1.7 mil come from, I wonder?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sagemode87 said:

I thought only Avatar fans were the ones bringing up Avatar here lol. Oh well, I'll bite. Avatar was one movie and didn't have 22 movies backing it as a finale. Plus the China expansion is the only thing that got it where it was. If Avatar has a re release which it'll happen, say bye bye to the record MCU fans went out for 10 times. Endgames upcoming record will be the most manufactured in history. Feige and stars of the movie had to campaign for it lol. Endgame was corporate fanfare, Avatar was art but proceed to say it was only 3D despite there being dozens of 3D movies out at the time lol. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8292187

• Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1