charlie Jatinder

Tuesday (7/16) Numbers

40 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

*Opens thread. Sees paragraphs upon paragraphs of Avatar vs. Endgame*

full

Yeah, that's pretty much me too.

I don't even care anymore. The debate is so exhausting. Whatever happens, Endgame has made more than enough for me even if it will be genuinely neat to see it at the top on the worldwide leaderboard.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlexMA said:

To put that number into perspective, it's higher than the FIRST Tuesday of Spider-Man 3, $4.3 million higher than the 2nd Tuesday of Spider-man, $3.4 million higher than Spider-Man 2 (which had a very similar release window).

Also more than The Amazing Spider-Man's first Tuesday ($8.6 million) and of course more than The Amazing Spider-Man 2's first Tuesday ($6.2 million, but that was in May).

And last but definitely not least $1.3 million more than Spider-Man: Homecoming! (and for those wondering it's more than twice Spider-Verse's first Tuesday)

So yeah, I'd call that a pretty damn great number!

There is no perspective to give? Outside of homecoming and ASM1 none of the others are in the summer or in the era of cheap Tuesday / coupon days. Its higher than Homecoming and thats great, but the rest of the post is incompatible data. 

As with the ongoing crud between Avatar and Endgame, be careful of skewing numbers one way or another since the data is vastly different. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cookie said:

Homecoming's 2nd Tuesday increase was 38.1% so that's an absurd jump by comparison, especially since the Monday drops were similar.

As others have tried to mention, there is a coupon that dropped big time yesterday that has obviously skewed the results for yesterday. Cheap and or even close to free tickets make a huge difference. The drops today will likewise be interesting to watch since things were obviously inflated. If they can stay up and keep them higher than normal great, but it may also be worse than typical drops. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

so what kind of drops can we expect today? usually with great increases come great decreases though summer should soften them somewhat. 

I'm guessing 40-45% for FFH.

It’s sad that even though they help a lot, cheap tuesdays can’t seem to make comedies and mid budget action flicks profitable. Maybe theaters should invent cheap wednesdays as well or something

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Its nationwide debut will be August 2, but it'll see expansions for both this and next weekend.

Thank you! Yeah nationwide is what I meant. Its PTA on OW was outstanding. I hope it does really well in wide release.

9 minutes ago, narniadis said:

There is no perspective to give? Outside of homecoming and ASM1 none of the others are in the summer or in the era of cheap Tuesday / coupon days. Its higher than Homecoming and thats great, but the rest of the post is incompatible data. 

As with the ongoing crud between Avatar and Endgame, be careful of skewing numbers one way or another since the data is vastly different. 

For the first part, my point was to give people those numbers for reference, to show how impressive that number really. Of course the comparisons weren't apples to apples, that was not the point there and I never presented it as such.

As for the second part... not sure what you're going at there, the thing you are telling me is exactly the thing I said to Charlie a few posts ago, only in many more words. So like... yeah, I know that, it's what I was doing. But I sense there is something there you either misunderstood or misinterpreted, right? So could you please be more specific as to what you were trying to say?

21 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

For the first part, my point was to give people those numbers for reference, to show how impressive that number really. Of course the comparisons weren't apples to apples, that was not the point there and I never presented it as such.

As for the second part... not sure what you're going at there, the thing you are telling me is exactly the thing I said to Charlie a few posts ago, only in many more words. So like... yeah, I know that, it's what I was doing. But I sense there is something there you either misunderstood or misinterpreted, right? So could you please be more specific as to what you were trying to say?

Literally, you did exactly what you griped at charlie for doing. Hence my comment. Giving numbers for reference as you did without the info that I added makes FFH look abnormally better when it is strictly fine.

In that moment when I had read your comment to charlie and then right after read your Spidey stuff it struck me as rather lopsided considering your own critique. 

As for impressive, its good - not complaining about Spideys number at all, but the only valid number to compare it with was Homecoming. And tomorrow when it falls apart people will hem and haw over its future as is the typical BOT mode of behavior. 

Edited by narniadis
  • Like 3