Eric Atreides

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

7 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

So #11 of all Saturdays slightly above Civil War but below B&tB by 1.45m.

23m

55.52m

61.25m (+10.3%)

49m (-20%)

Would be 188.77m total Wend and I don't think it will drop worse than that

So probably a bit above 190m OWend ist the most likely OWend:

23m

55.52m

61.25m (+10.3%)

52m (-15.1%) OWend: 191.77

23.4m (-55%)

28m (+19.7%)

19m (-32.1%)

17m (-10.5%) Wdays: 87.4m => Week: 279.17m

2nd Wend:

24m (+41.2%)

32m (+33.3%)

26m (-18.8%) 2nd Wend: 82m (-57.2%) Total: 361.17m

even though i believe that both weekdays and weekend will be better, i can see your scenario

I think they've deliberately left the July 2021 open in case Sony schedules Spider-Man that slot. if they decide on 2022 then they could slot in Blade although I think Blade should be a September or October release. 

2022 I'd say Black Panther 2, Guardians 3 are likely. 2023 I think the return of the Fantastic Four and X-Men plus Captain Marvel 2.

Edited by Jonwo

59 minutes ago, TMP said:

I kept saying this; Sony dated FFH 7 months before Homecoming opened, so we would have known by now if Spider-Man was making 2021.

I don't mind 2022, but I hope this means the next film is him graduating because he'll be 26 by then and it'll just be entering Tobey/Andrew way-too-old-for-high-school territory. 

4 minutes ago, maxalcamo said:

"Salma Hayek is a star"

mhhh you're not wrong but i don't think she's that huge star.

Richard Madden is not a star in any way. Being casted in something famous doesn't make you a star, A star for me is someone 9 people on 10 on street if you just show them the face. And with recognize i mean associate a name to a face, not "yes maybe i saw this face somewhere.". 

You wrote ALL star cast.  The others definitely are unknown names.

Angelina Jolie you didn't question at least.

I see your reaction as a bit ignorant - in the writing style, and in the knowledge

Might be an age or region thingie, but Salma Hayek is a big name. Plus she too is an Oscar nominee (Frida), also a cult film star (Desperado, From Dusk Till Dawn)

Who doesn't know The snake dance?

Usually I's not list that kind of background, but hey, that big cult....

Richard Madden is a Golden Globe winner (for Bodyguard), and even me, who didn't watch GoT yet, know about Robb Stark (GoT)

Kumail Nanjiani is an Oscar nominee and he too has made quite a name for himself

Brian Tyree Henry got a lot of recent reactions, noms and so on, in especial multi noms for work released in 2018:

Winner
Breakthrough Artist Award
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)
Widows (2018)
If Beale Street Could Talk (2018)

add Atlanta too

Reactions here and in the outlets let me assume he is in the minds of rather a lot of ppl, at least enough to allow for 'breakthrough' star status

Who doesn't know Dong-seok Ma?

Lauren Ridloff is probably not a star to the GA yet, but as a actress who is feaf in RL to get where she is.... plus she is the first handicapped RL and character in an MCU movie, I guess that will make her being a star for parts of the audience already.

A star can be someone the US GA isn't aware, US isn't the only country on earth

Salma Hayek is not a star. She never opened a movie. yes, people know her name but she's not the star. The Only Ethernals star in Angelina.

I hope Lauren Ridloff role is great cause she's amazing on TWD. Really happy that she's going places.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Salma Hayek is not a star. She never opened a movie. yes, people know her name but she's not the star. The Only Ethernals star in Angelina.

I hope Lauren Ridloff role is great cause she's amazing on TWD. Really happy that she's going places.

It doesn't matter with Marvel anymore.

How is this 78m considered to be floptastic in a sane world? Or disappointing for a reboot of a movie which came out 25 years ago? 

It’s probably going to make 500m+ domestic and could go anywhere overseas. 

13 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Didn't you predict Spiderman to be the bigger than Lion king this month !!!!!

Actually the only thing that I ever wrote is that people are underpredicting spider man while overpredicting TLK and frozen 2 (another film where we will have a lot of backpedaling in the near future) but the truth has never stopped people from spewing bullshit in this forum. Hell some folks were insulted because i wrote that the shining book has sold much more than what Kubrick’s movie made at the box office.

• Disbelief 1

17 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Angelina Jolie you didn't question at least.

I see your reaction as a bit ignorant - in the writing style, and in the knowledge

Might be an age or region thingie, but Salma Hayek is a big name. Plus she too is an Oscar nominee (Frida), also a cult film star (Desperado, From Dusk Till Dawn)

Who doesn't know The snake dance?

Usually I's not list that kind of background, but hey, that big cult....

Richard Madden is a Golden Globe winner (for Bodyguard), and even me, who didn't watch GoT yet, know about Robb Stark (GoT)

Kumail Nanjiani is an Oscar nominee and he too has made quite a name for himself

Brian Tyree Henry got a lot of recent reactions, noms and so on, in especial multi noms for work released in 2018:

add Atlanta too

Reactions here and in the outlets let me assume he is in the minds of rather a lot of ppl, at least enough to allow for 'breakthrough' star status

Who doesn't know Dong-seok Ma?

Lauren Ridloff is probably not a star to the GA yet, but as a actress who is feaf in RL to get where she is.... plus she is the first handicapped RL and character in an MCU movie, I guess that will make her being a star for parts of the audience already.

A star can be someone the US GA isn't aware, US isn't the only country on earth

Normal people could barely telll you the oscars winners, nobody cares about nominees.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

35 minutes ago, thedast said:

I don't mind 2022, but I hope this means the next film is him graduating because he'll be 26 by then and it'll just be entering Tobey/Andrew way-too-old-for-high-school territory. 

Holland is still fairly baby faced so he could get away with it.

I imagine the reason Sony hasn't dated the third Spider-Man film is because it's likely they're deciding what films to release in 2021 and 2022. They've also got Spider-Verse 2 in development and they probably don't want two different Spider-Man films in the same year. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some reshuffles from other studios, FB3 will most likely go back a week to November 19th 2021 for example. 

Edited by Jonwo

52 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The Lion King:    61,250,000
Spider-Man: Far from Home:   8,410,000
Toy Story 4:    6,030,000
Crawl:    2,400,000
Yesterday:   2,150,000
Stuber:    1,660,000
Aladdin (2019):    1,560,000
Annabelle Comes Home:  1,030,000
Midsommar:  730,000
The Secret Life of Pets 2:    550,000
Avengers: Endgame:    510,000
The Farewell: 448,840

I'm okay with that Saturday for Lion King, still good for a possibly 190 start.

Far From Home still under Homecoming, but only just (half a million), 400 final still possible, but after this weekend it has to at least stay flat with Homecoming.

Toy Story 4 doing amazing business again, becoming increasingly more likely that it might indeed overtake Toy Story 3 in North America. (currently $1.3 million over TS 3 on Saturday, with that its lead will grow to just over $12 million through the same point compared to its predecessor)

Prince Ali took a hit, but I'm sure he'll get back up in no time and get to that fabled 350 we've been talking about. It should either clear or come just shy of 340 million by Sunday night.

And Endgame, well that's just some dark magic stuff going on there that defies all logic, which really is nothing new when it comes to that movie.

30 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

No idea who Lauren Ridloff is. Definitely not a star. 

If thats how you want to do this lol

Edited by Krissykins

24 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Salma Hayek is not a star. She never opened a movie. yes, people know her name but she's not the star.....

Wow....

Interesting to see how younger ppl are not aware at all how famous an artist can be for another generation or group.... Or miss non-US impact

Btw, she did 'open' (as I understand the term). Cult counts too....

Are ppl even aware about how many people follow the awards also?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Actually the only thing that I ever wrote is that people are underpredicting spider man while overpredicting TLK and frozen 2 (another film where we will have a lot of backpedaling in the near future) but the truth has never stopped people from spewing bullshit in this forum. Hell some folks were insulted because i wrote that the shining book has sold much more than what Kubrick’s movie made at the box office.

People underpredicted Spider-Man? Pretty certain that most people agreed on it endig above Homecoming and quite a lot thought 200m over the 6-day and while it didn't clear 200m over 6 days its clearly going to end above Homecoming, so I wouldn't say people under predicted it. And to be honest apart from this random guessing were some people (Including me in the beginning) though it could open above 200m. But most people when presaledata started coming in settled around the region where it's heading now. And lets ignore those 140m predictions most before the opening settled in around 180-190m and it's heading to slightly above 190m. People on here just tend to go crazy before we have the first data.

But you are probably right about Frozen 2, if that breaks CF November record that would be incredible, considering only Incredibles 2, a superhero movie in summer over father's day opened above that. And to be fair even if it does a Finding Dory run that would be pretty incredible, considering a lot of people said, who needs a second film, it's so annoying, all kids are too old for it. Though to be fair I could see a 150m 3x 450m run right now happening.

Edited by Taruseth

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Not a star in the usual meaning, but a kind of 'star' for handicapped ppl to a degree

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4248765/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

I think the whole star thing is BS anyway, yes, not all are stars like the term gets used by many, but they are 'names' to enough ppl to not discount them in the way it happened here.

It started bcs someone said all star....

No one asked for how that was meant, reactions were way too immediately jump on that person, and in my POV way too dismissive, ignoring other definitions totally.

15 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

My bad. Lauren Ridloff comment was separate from star comment but in the same post so it looked like I said she was the star. No, lol.