Eric Duncan

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

2 hours ago, baumer said:

I haven't heard of anyone in that cast except for Jolie and Hayek. Hayek is far from a star. She's like ketchup. A nice addition for flavour but on her own her name doesn't mean much. 

Bryan Tyree? Wtf is that? Richard Madden? Who? 

All star is instantly recognizable names. Not fringe actors.

Madden is bigger than Hayek lol.

25 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

No, he's played the leading man in most of his stuff except Elton John.  He's not A List but he's at least B List and rising.  He's not a a star but he's a recognizable name.

He's very good in the good The Bodyguard (it's on Netflix) even if the series hits the wall before the last episode and turns to crap (not his fault)

It's actually even before that after a certain character's death. It's still pretty watchable but definitely a disappointing conclusion considering it started so well. An opportunity missed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sindreee said:

Not hard. Black Widow and Eternals 2020, Shang-chi, Doctor Strange 2 and Thor 4 2021. Blade, GOTG 3, BP 2, CM 2, Fantastic Four, X’Men also movies, but without a release date.

Falcon and Winter Soldier, Loki, WandaVision, Hawkeye and Whatif all D+.

Haha I meant some of them don’t feel film level compared to others lol. The sequels weren’t on the phase 4 timeline

54 minutes ago, Catty said:

You do mean "the affair" right?  She has never made the huge box office except with Brad because of "the affair" & Maleficent which is Disney - so overrated she is.  I guess she is the reason By The Sea was a huge bomb since she wrote it, directed it & starred in it, right?

Nope, still all I said was she was one of the reasons that film was such a huge hit. 

6 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

It's actually even before that after a certain character's death. It's still pretty watchable but definitely a disappointing conclusion considering it started so well. An opportunity missed. 

I didn't want to get too specific but agreed.  It started to go down after that but the quality in the last episode plus was shockingly poor and nonsensical after how great it started.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Waffles said:

@baumer

I don’t follow them anymore because of crap like this. 

But I have to laugh at “universal just can’t stop beating a dead headless horseman” when The Lion King is #1 and we’ve just had an announcement of like 15 more Marvel spin off’s. 

Similar to people who used to shade Friday the 13th for having 12 instalments but happy to go see James Bond 20. eye roll.  

Edited by Krissykins

14 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I guess what some are trying to say is Richard Madden isn’t exactly a household name. 

I could say to my buddies (who all saw Bodyguard and GoT) “Richard Madden is in Eternals!” and they’d be like “who?”

they’d recognise his face, but that would require seeing a picture/watching a trailer etc. 

Yet Angelina Jolie is a STAR. Whether that be because of celebrity, her famous dad, her time with Pitt, her humanitarian stuff, Lara Croft...whatever. She is a superstar. Stick her name above a movie and it’ll mean something to people. Madden isn’t that. 

A star is someone you don’t need to explain who they are to people. That is something money can’t buy. 

My brother watch all the marvel movies because of the brand but he doesn't know who Chris Patt is. Weeks ago we were watching Passengers and he said to me "I know him, Where i saw him?". 

I bet in America is different cause actors make talk show appareances, awards shows and so on so they can reach easily the general public with their "true identity" but i can garantee you for example here in Italy you're not a star just because you were in a succesfull blockbuster movie inspired by a famous book or comic book.  Or because you won an Oscar. For example this year the news gave  more space to Lady Gaga's win for a song than Regina King's win, cause the success of the movie here or the fame of the winner are important. 

If I show to someone Richard Madden's face and he says to me "Oh wait, i saw him. Sure! He's Nedd Stark's son" doesn't mean he is a movie star  (with star i mean a recognized name who brings people in the cinemas) but just a know face. Like the face of the champion of a famous quiz show. 

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I didn't know Daniel Radcliffe was such a big star, because well without star you can't have that successful franchise.

Must have been the David Copperfield performance :D

BOM revise both movie's number that in rivalry.

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $760,507,625    27.3%
Foreign:  $2,029,192,375    72.7%

Worldwide:  $2,789,700,000  

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $853,384,193    30.6%
Foreign:  $1,934,115,237    69.4%

Worldwide:  $2,787,499,430  
  • Like 1