Eric Atreides

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

23 minutes ago, afalconer7 said:

Just like 2014.

wow that's true.

mj1 being following cf and being part of the finale was expected to make it close to 400. but being the finale mattered less than being part1 and cf's reception didn't help as much as people expected.

asm2 and httyd2 fell way short and were contenders for 300-350+ on the forums if i remember correctly. tf4 was reckoned to do 300+ too.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, a2k said:

wow that's true.

mj1 being following cf and being part of the finale was expected to make it close to 400. but being the finale mattered less than being part1 and cf's reception didn't help as much as people expected.

asm2 and httyd2 fell way short and were contenders for 300-350+ on the forums if i remember correctly. tf4 was reckoned to do 300+ too.

also the last year (ever?) that the #1 wasn't a disney movie.

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

also the last year (ever?) that the #1 wasn't a disney movie.

yes been some ride for disney. hoping for other studios to do well next year. wb has a good shot at #1.

12 minutes ago, JB33 said:

@IronJimbo hacked BOM.

BOM can be confusing tho. I think some markets are not tracked for some movies like Toy Story 4 and Aladdin don't have like 11-12 markets tracked for them while Spiderman has all it's markets covered. They could lose around 20-30M on these 11-12 markets not major markets but still significiant for them. 

Markets like 

Jamaica

Kuwait

Qatar

Israel

Nigeria

Ireland

Sir Lanka

kazakhstan

Egypt.

Etc etc.

Edited by Geo1500

6 minutes ago, a2k said:

yes been some ride for disney. hoping for other studios to do well next year. wb has a good shot at #1.

domestic it's probably solidly between wonder woman and black widow. can see them both in about the mid-300s, pre-marketing. worldwide mulan, fast and furious, maybe james bond can contend.

3 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

BOM can be confusing tho. I think some markets are not tracked for some movies like Toy Story 4 and Aladdin don't have like 11-12 markets tracked for them while Spiderman has all it's markets covered. They could lose around 20-30M on these 11-12 markets not major markets but still significiant for them. 

Markets like 

Jamaica

Kuwait

Qatar

Israel

Nigeria

Ireland

Sir Lanka

kazakhstan

Egypt.

Etc etc.

Yes it can. The timing is is awesome though.

So Endgame just topped Avatar on the worldwide chart. Woops, look at those territories I forgot to update for Avatar's OS gross.

5 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Tell that to the kids!

i ask my fat four year old son "wanna see the lion king" and he said to me "Puh-lease. Did you read Ehrlich's review? He decimated it. Take me to see the David Crosby documentary father"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2