Eric Duncan

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

On 7/19/2019 at 10:32 PM, Jim Shorts said:

Shrek 5 has a better chance of opening with $50m than $200m.

Its impossible that a nostalgia driven new Shrek movie with several years of inflation opens much lower than the uneventful Shrek Forever After. Instead, while difficult, a good marketed Shrek film could have a chance to get to the $200m mark

3 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

JW pages must be mostly due to pure shock factor. 

Still remember it was tracking upto 130-135 few days before release (from sites i read), and then BOOM..!!

I so wish to see that thread, can somebody find me that please? If it is still here.

I see JW has been linked already. Here’s all the numbers threads sorted by length, in case you were curious about any others:

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/forum/76-numbers-and-data/?sortby=posts&sortdirection=desc

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

That's on the high end. I'd say the range is $192M-$193.5M

Kind of sucks that they came this close to the milestone but no cigar. :( Even when a movie isn't all that, missing milestones always gets me. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Andreas said:

Very good hold for TLK. Beating the second Avengers movie on OW is no easy feat, even for the king.

On a side note, I've watched the movie a second time around and enjoyed it just as much. Whole theater was more than pleased with it, to say the least. Really can't understand why some of you guys and generally critics hate on TLK, while loving TJB. They're on the same level. Aladdin as well.

I agree.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TServo2049 said:

The Avengers gave us #NotARecord. Rogue One gave us #NotAnEvent. Is it time for #NotAMilestone?

No, the (truthful) tagline for The Lion King is:

Kids despise it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

21 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Why doesn't boxofficereport.com have any early Monday estimates yet on their Twitter?

When do you think they are supposed to come out?  It's 9AM on the west coast.  Without @Charlie Jatinder, no one would have any numbers until the next day.  So don't expect Monday numbers to come out on Monday morning.  

• Like 6