Eric Atreides

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

If TS4 somehow manages to pull past CM on the DOM side, there will be a WHOLE LOTTA PEOPLE breathing a HUGE sigh of relief in ElsaRoc's 2019 Disney Yearly Rankings Contest. :lol:

@ElsaRoc

Yep, definitely, but I was stupid so I placed it ahead WW too which is a lot less likely too happen, unless Germany suddenly decides, oh we never cared for TS3 were like 15m of the gross for it, now we suddenly like it more than every other movie. Okay that's not gonna happen, cause Germany (sucks box office wise).

I really hope that the legs throughout August are great.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Lily James (Yesterday) is a low key boxoffice queen. This, Baby driver, mama Mia. She isn't a draw as most people still don't know who she is but she's good at picking projects. :wub:

I hope MCU takes notice of her and Kaya and give them some big roles.

Cinderella, too. (Arguably the best of the Disney remakes?)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 dismiss my silly nonsense. It is actually the 2nd biggest OW ever here, not 4th. I forgot to add previews lmao. Insane how the previous OW record was beaten twice this year here. 

Yeah, and Aladdin and TS4 are still killing it too. Spidey is technically Sony, but it's a Sony movie franchised by Disney, so, another proof of win there too. And I'm sure Endgame is now in the top 20 ever in tickets sold.

Mickey Mouse: the answer to "does God exist". He does and we are living in his world, where when it rains, it pours. Fucking insane how huge Disney's year has been. Even taking Dumbo into account, the film managed to be a moderate hit on a shockingly hefty budget. And then.... Captain Marvel, Endgame, Toy Story, Aladdin, Lion King, Spidey to an extent. And there's still fucking Star Wars and Frozen (and Maleficent, I guess) left. Holy shitballs.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, and Aladdin and TS4 are still killing it too. Spidey is technically Sony, but it's a Sony movie franchised by Disney, so, another proof of win there too. And I'm sure Endgame is now in the top 20 ever in tickets sold.

Mickey Mouse: the answer to "does God exist". He does and we are living in his world, where when it rains, it pours. Fucking insane how huge Disney's year has been. Even taking Dumbo into account, the film managed to be a moderate hit on a shockingly hefty budget. And then.... Captain Marvel, Endgame, Toy Story, Aladdin, Lion King, Spidey to an extent. And there's still fucking Star Wars and Frozen (and Maleficent, I guess) left. Holy shitballs.

I see the idea that one studio so totally dominant in the industry is not a good thing longterm seems to go right by your head.

16 minutes ago, Porthos said:

*checks thread*

Wait, ElsaRoc was the ONLY person there to have TS4 under CM on the DOM side?

Oh the irony! :lol:   I didn't even remember that.

This could be VERY interesting after all. :lol:

Yeah. 50m to go after a 15m weekend. It's fun to follow.

• Like 3

Little Mermaid, Beauty And The Beast, Aladdin and Lion King are sort of the core four Disney renaissance classics. BATB and Lion King will both have cleared a billion easily and Aladdin will get there despite bad initial marketing/publicity and a shitton of competition. Mermaid will surely get there unless the public revolts against these remakes suddenly. 

1 minute ago, Mekanos said:

Little Mermaid, Beauty And The Beast, Aladdin and Lion King are sort of the core four Disney renaissance classics. BATB and Lion King will both have cleared a billion easily and Aladdin will get there despite bad initial marketing/publicity and a shitton of competition. Mermaid will surely get there unless the public revolts against these remakes suddenly. 

Honestly, in retrospect, it really didn't have a lot of competition.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Honestly, in retrospect, it really didn't have a lot of competition.

The first two weekends after it had 45 million openers, for a movie that had a 90 million three day I would label that as pretty heavy competition, along with Toy Story 4. Yes, the other movies underperformed, but it still had a lot of other shit playing around it while Beauty and Lion King had basically open season. The main reason it's hitting a billion is because of insane domestic holds.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

I find this mindless rooting for a huge corporation which is nearing a monopoly situation to be very disturbing.

Bow before your mousey overlord 

😛