Eric Duncan

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Bc people like what you dont like,that doesnt mean tha you should behave like that to have your own opinion and express it, its the best thing but to be rude to people bc they like what they like is idiocy to say the least

John just a jk but I think the best reply to that would have been WE WILL SEE !!!! :ph34r:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Only FFH is one that was off from.early numbers, which I had no comp for Tuesday OD so got it wrong.

24mn Friday pre-sales, double of TS4 ($70mn True Friday) and +70% JWFK ($73mn).

I understand your concern, in fact after FFH I sorta thought of not doing early numbers but the numbers for next 5 days were on spot so doing for TLK with reinstated faith.

Ofcourse they can go wrong; but that's the risk we are gonna take. And for everyone don't @ me tomorrow over this. If every one agrees, we can stop these early numbers for OD.

I for one like the early numbers. Not your fault if people don't understand that sometimes things can change throughout the day.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

Charlie you are awesome for raw numbers and there's no denying that. But you're also kind of sort of terrible at times when it comes to extrapolating or predicting. There's no basis at all whatsoever for this to hit 90 million off a 22 million preview. You're setting everybody up for disappointment when it only hits 75 million for the opening day in total. Tomorrow morning everyone's going to be asking you why it came in under projections LOL

You and I in denial about Lion King's success:

12 hours ago, TMP said:

idk, this looked good.

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Weren't you just lapping up the Top Gun 2 trailer?  :rock:

Pretty loose definition of "lapping up". 

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

That's because it released in December. Would have had a larger OW than IW if it had a similar release date. Probably around 280-290 mil OW

See thats the problem you can't say for sure it would have opened much more? It broke the previous OW record means people went despite it being Christmas release. Even if we argue we won't know exactly how much it would have opened for sure in Summer? 

11 minutes ago, john2000 said:

You maybe right in the end,but there is no need to be rude bc you disagree

I am not being rude at all whatsoever to Charlie. I respect Charlie immensely. I'm just saying stick to what you're good at. he went all crazy when it came too far from home and got everybody's hopes up and then when it came way under his projection or prediction people started wondering what went wrong with the movie.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

That's because it released in December. Would have had a larger OW than IW if it had a similar release date. Probably around 280-290 mil OW

probably TFA could have been the first movie to achieve 300M ow if it was released in the summer.

Just now, baumer said:

I am not being rude at all whatsoever to Charlie. I respect Charlie immensely. I'm just saying stick to what you're good at. he went all crazy when it came too far from home and got everybody's hopes up and then when it came way under his projection or prediction people started wondering what went wrong with the movie.

Your point has some sense,however the way you wrote it wasnt the best imo

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, Permanent Magnet said:

probably TFA could have been the first movie to achieve 300M ow if it was released in the summer.

Then try to release it in a summer where Aladdin, Toy story 4, Far from home and zombie endgame are battling it out and see how it dose for itself

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1