Eric Duncan

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

1 minute ago, Menor said:

Nah TLK isn't really much like Hamlet other than the uncle killing father imo. Similarities are way overblown

it's more similar to Hamlet than it is to Black Panther... 

32 minutes ago, superduperm said:

I do think Frozen II has a slight chance at beating Incredibles 2 for the animation OW record but let’s hold back a bit on the $200M talk.

29 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I expect Frozen to open big but I’d be shocked if it was over $200m. Disney will still have 3 over the mark, though.

Yup, Frozen 2 definitely has the lowest chance for it. But I mean this is a sequel to The highest grossing animated film and how many even predicted That to blow up. So yeah I wouldn’t rule it out yet even with a tiny slim chance.

12 minutes ago, cannastop said:

220px-JungleEmperorLeo.jpg

I dunno if that imagery comes from Tezuka or if they were cribbing from the people who cribbed from them.

This was the doing of the American distributor of the 1997 feature remake. I believe the movie actually got hit with a cease and desist threat from Disney (yeah, I know, that looks really bad, but if it was over this artwork, it does copy the promotional campaign of TLK in ways which cannot be traced back to TLK cribbing from Kimba.) However, the film was never pulled, nor was that artwork, so they must have settled.

FWIW, the current American home release uses the Japanese poster artwork, which looks completely different.

Edited by TServo2049

FFH and TS4

https://deadline.com/2019/07/the-lion-king-weekend-box-office-july-records-1202648944/

Sony’s Spider-Man Far From Home is seeing $6.3M in its third Friday, -53% with a third weekend of $21M, -54%, and a running total of $319.5M by Sunday — very close to overtaking Homecoming‘s $334.2M. Disney’s Toy Story 4 is eyeing $13.4M in weekend 5, -36% for a running tally by Sunday of $374.3M. More updates later.

• Like 3

ComScore/Screen Engine PostTrak numbers from last night are 4 stars for all audiences with parents liking it more than kids under 12, 4 1/2 to 3 1/2 stars. Females watched more than men, 56% to 44%. Same percents for moms vs. fathers in terms of audience make-up. Females over 25 are the biggest quad at 29%, females under 25 at 27% with males under/over 25 at 22% each.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Yeah, everyone's there to see Stuber, which is on track to have a Greatest Showman level increase

I heard Uglydolls is about to pull in $200M this weekend.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

2 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

ComScore/Screen Engine PostTrak numbers from last night are 4 stars for all audiences with parents liking it more than kids under 12, 4 1/2 to 3 1/2 stars. Females watched more than men, 56% to 44%. Same percents for moms vs. fathers in terms of audience make-up. Females over 25 are the biggest quad at 29%, females under 25 at 27% with males under/over 25 at 22% each.

nice very good

Excellent for TLK. The folks in the tracking thread did well. If FFH has 21M weekend, then I consider that a very good hold. It did not collapse at all. TS4 really showing resilience as well. Families are really coming out this weekend.

• Like 1