Eric Duncan

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

10 minutes ago, a2k said:

$75M Fri (or $52M true Friday) would be a crazy low walk up rate...about only double the presales going into the day...even I doubt it can go that low...although the Atom presale deals were awesome...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TServo2049 said:

My mom never had any problem with going to the movies. It’s my dad who was essentially dragged. He had a good time, but there were things like how he’d insist on the aisle seat in case he needed to go to the bathroom or whatever. And especially as he gets older, he just does not want to go to the theater. I can only name a handful of times that he accompanied me to the movies without my mom also being there.

Man my dad would constantly take me and my siblings to the movies when he came to visit. Always liked that. Saw a lot more movies with him than I did with my mom.

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Did @Charlie Jatinder again update his OD projection down to 90m? its CRUMBLING. At this rate it may only gross like 75m like HR is projecting.

/s

i saw it as an assumptition, and what he expects, rather than a update/info,its midday after all so even if it was a update( and i dont really think that it was) ,we still have a long way to go

ps @keysersoze123 his comment  

Assuming TLK will be as pre-sale loaded as Endgame to Infinity War; to Fallen Kingdom, it shall still hit $64mn True Friday. Normally expecting 67mn Approx.

(i didnt take it as an update,more like a guess)

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

You know I wouldn’t be surprised if DWA was pushed to do these remakes by Universal but on the bright side only a few of them would work in live action (Shrek, The 2D animated films, Dragon series, maybe Shark Tale (you’d be surprised at the nostalgia for this and Chicken Little) but I do want to see a live action Over The Hedge.

11 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

This is an issue for eating sting admissions, but I don’t see how it applies to trying to account for ticket price inflation. Movies with more 3D share made more money.

True, though the insinuation is obviously to reflect anticipation and admissions does that mores than dollars.

The all-time list of hyped movies goes like this:

1) Endgame - level thought previously impossible

2) Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Batman 1989 - massive increase over previous admissions record but within comprehension 

3) Force Awakens, Independence Day, Episode 1 - Big jump; ='once in every 3 or 4 years' sized hype

4) The Dark Knight, Spider-man 2002, Harry Potter 1 and 8, Jurassic Park 1, Infinity War, Sith  - huge, 'once every 2 or 3 years' hype

5) Avengers 2012*** (3D makes this one very misleading relative to others), The Dark Knight Rises, Jurassic World, The Last Jedi, The Lost World, Pirates 2, Transformers 2 - Huge, biggest of year 

Edited by excel1

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

I think general audience will eat this up. I don't see it falling below 600. The film is visually stunning. Story is tested already. That's it.

700+ could be possible fingers crossed( dont expect it,but hoping)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

$75M Fri (or $52M true Friday) would be a crazy low walk up rate...about only double the presales going into the day...even I doubt it can go that low...although the Atom presale deals were awesome...

yeah. agree expecting 85 od and 210-215 ow

23 + 62 + 70 + 57.5 = 212.5

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TServo2049 said:

How is The Avengers misleading? An outsized 3D share? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  Part 2 came out a year earlier, also in 3D, also in that post-Avatar period when 3D was more prevalent.

Avengers 2012 opening weekend was $170m flat after the 3D surcharge removed per Hollywood Reporter which was a bit below what TDK, Sith, Spidey 3 inflated to at the time. 

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I think general audience will eat this up. I don't see it falling below 600. The film is visually stunning. Story is tested already. That's it.

Any updates. You said 93m and also 64-67m true friday. So I am confused overall on where things stand.

16 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Shark Tale (you’d be surprised at the nostalgia for this and Chicken Little)

lol. I was actually a kid when those were released and I don't think they have much appeal.

You literally would have better chances with a Bee Movie remake.

• Like 2

Can we just ban deadline from BOT. They are worse then TMZ (aka with hyperbolic titles and alot of bs non factual numbers) and have very unrelieable track-record and have probably worse knowledge about BO then the lowest layman in BOT. Deadline is just a meme at this point to be quite frank

Edited by Geo1500
  • Knock It Off 1