Eric Duncan

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

19 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i saw it as an assumptition, and what he expects, rather than a update/info,its midday after all so even if it was a update( and i dont really think that it was) ,we still have a long way to go

ps @keysersoze123 his comment  

Assuming TLK will be as pre-sale loaded as Endgame to Infinity War; to Fallen Kingdom, it shall still hit $64mn True Friday. Normally expecting 67mn Approx.

(i didnt take it as an update,more like a guess)

so 87-90m range now according to charlie. I hope it does not go any down.

11 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I think general audience will eat this up. I don't see it falling below 600. The film is visually stunning. Story is tested already. That's it.

Did you enjoy the hindi version. Funny enough my local AMC in the Bay Area also has few showtimes in hindi. I might go for a 2nd run for the hindi version. 

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

like i said i didnt see this as an update, i think that it was more bc of what deadline said that even at worst it should still hit that much, anyway it wont matter we will get a final update

ps i would say that what he said initially still stand , 87-93 till we have a final update

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

No, that’s not what he’s saying. If it follows those patterns, that is the expected number. He expects it to be more walkup heavy than those, hence $93m as his estimate at 1pm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

No, that’s not what he’s saying. If it follows those patterns, that is the expected number. He expects it to be more walkup heavy than those, hence $93m as his estimate at 1pm.

you just said what i was trying to say in one sentence lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, excel1 said:

all-time list of hyped movies goes like this

All time seem to start in 1980s , there was massive hype also back in the days that Hollywood and movie were much more popular than now.

The opening day of Gone With the Wind (that sold millions of copy before the movie release) was made an state holiday in some place and got days of parades, the premiere looked like this:

gwtwpr32.jpg

Copy%20of%20Atlanta%20premiere%20of%20GW

It apparently drew 1 million visitor to the city.

Not sure about Independance Day on the same step than a Force Awaken or Episode 1, those movie broke record by big amount, D-Day opening a monday make it harder to judge too so maybe it is legitimate. But the first days of Phantom it did 28m versus 11.1m for Independence day.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, harsh3090416 said:

Did you enjoy the hindi version. Funny enough my local AMC in the Bay Area also has few showtimes in hindi. I might go for a 2nd run for the hindi version. 

Yeah. Scar by Ashish Vidyarthi is brilliant. Better than English version IMO. Timon and Pumba are also well done.

SRK did well in Mufasa but thing is he has to compete with JEJ, which is well not possible for anyone. Aryan did okay. 

Hyenas are done well giving them Bhojpuri accent. The best dialogue of film is by Shenzi.

My only nitpick would be "Remember" scene fell flat in Hindi. That was peak JEJ. Rafiki is wasted in Hindi.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Not sure about Independance Day on the same step than a Force Awaken or Episode 1, those movie broke record by big amount, D-Day opening a monday make it harder to judge too so maybe it is legitimate. But the first days of Phantom it did 28m versus 11.1m for Independence day.

That 11.1 is the Tuesday night preview numbers starting at 5PM; Money that is usually tied into opening day but some reason mojo lists it separately. ID4 almost beat the opening weekend despite opening Tuesday night.

In 1999 ticket sales, ID4's 5 day totals $111m vs. Episode 1's $105m 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Molek said:

So Charlie overestimating by 10M+? 😵 @Charlie Jatinder  are you sure of 90?

? thats a joke or what ? he maybe wrong i just find it weird  that you put that much emphasis on this, not only bc its too early but also bc these are from people that are usually off, (that doesnt mean that they will be now too though)

For those wondering about 1st day comscores from recent "family" movies...

Spidey - Screen Engine/ComScore PostTrak exits are fantastic with 4 1/2 stars last night for general audiences (who made up 68% of the crowd), 5 stars for parents and 4 1/2 stars for kids under 12 (combined 32% of the crowd).

Toys 4 - Let’s allow the weekend to play out, because there’s a lot of love here for the movie with PostTrak exits exploding at 5 stars for both general audiences and parents, and under 12 kids at 4 1/2.

SLOP 2 - Rotten Tomatoes doesn’t always completely capsize a family pic, and audience exit scores on PostTrak last night were excellent, with five stars from parents and kids under 12, and 4 1/2 stars from general audiences.

Aladdin - So far, so good: ComScore/Screen Engine PostTrack exits show general audiences giving Aladdin 4 1/2 stars and a solid 69% definite recommend. Parents gave the pic four stars after turning out at 12%, and kids under 12, who repped 20% of the crowd and loved it at 4 1/2 stars.

All these movies have had very nice legs so far this summer...and all of them had kids under 12 at 4.5 stars or above after the 1st night...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

? thats a joke or what ? he maybe wrong i just find it weird  that you put that much emphasis on this, not only bc its too early but also bc these are from people that are usually off, (that doesnt mean that they will be now too though)

No just wondering if he made a small accidental mistake somewhere in case, since the other sources are pointing to 80

If Charlie's source overestimates by 8.7% (25 previews vs 23 previews), then OD will be $85 from his $93 estimate