The Wild Eric

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

With a $200M+ opening weekend, The Lion King is more likely to dethrone The Force Awakens than it is to finish below $500M.

No way it will hit 3x with an ow above 180, and you can definitely quote me on that.

1 hour ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

LOL. I know.... My son is 5. I dragged him to see Aladdin. He had no desire to see it. But he was glad that he did. He loved it- especially the genie with his “Never Had A Friend Like Me” song. I also dragged him to see Wonder Park, The Grinch, Smallfoot, etc... The movie he was dying to see and we went together on opening night was SLOP2. He also wanted to see TS4, which we also saw on opening night. 

Awesome.  Mine loved SLOP2 but I think Aladdin is #1. She walks around the house dramatically singing speechless lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

FWIW, my wife and son saw it this afternoon. Both loved it. Their only nit picks tended to be when it deviated too much from the original.

They understood where the critics are coming from and don't disagree with the critics - they just don't care. They wanted the Lion King. 

They said the visuals are stunning and want to see it again in a theater. So now we have 5 of us going to see it in IMAX on Sunday morning.

My wife also mentioned that due to how realistic it is, the violence is much more visceral than in the animated version. Said that was a little harder to watch. also mentioned she cried like 4 times during the movie.

My wife's only other critique was that Beyonce was too much Beyonce and not enough Nala.

My wife and son also watched the special that was on ABC Tuesday last night. They said that Favreau mentioned that there is one scene in the movie where he used live action he filmed, not cgi, to see if anybody could pick out the difference. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Yall need to remember that Charlie is sleeping right now - he lives on the otherside of the world! He sees data in the morning, our time, gives his input before going to bed it can always change. 

And for the ridiculous Spidey stuff to keep coming up - without the understanding of how different the lack of previews skewed things at first - is down right rude if not looking to stir a pot. 

Rth has graciously given an estimate in real time with data Charlie probably hasnt even seen. Ungrateful and undeserving of any data is how this comes across every time people start freaking out. 

*old guy sits down* 

• Like 35

13 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Lol some people are sad about this.

kaixfXl.gif

I was afraid you were a puddle of mush crying on the floor because of the 2 dozen live action films coming. 1.5B+ and 600mil dom is a screaming success.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

No way it will hit 3x with an ow above 180, and you can definitely quote me on that.

It's gonna be 200 likely and worst case scenario for that is maybe 575. Nowhere near the 450 you predicted. That is dead. Easily could hit 600+

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

So what about all of those people trashing deadline for saying “82m Friday” lol?

you ever heard the one about the sun and a dog's ass? 

Deadline gets trashed because that's where garbage goes. People here quote them out of force of habit.... like that one kid in elementary school who couldn't stop picking his scabs....

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 hours ago, LawrenceBrolivier said:

Why do people look into the can so frequently when we know there's nothing but hot garbage in it? It's maybe the most reliable thing about the box-office... no matter what it is, Deadline isn't going to get it right. 

81m is right in the middle of the range, sounds pretty accurate to me!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LawrenceBrolivier said:

So that's no on hearing the one about the sun and the dog's ass.... 

You seem to have an obsession with dog anuses and shining light on them.  I can’t say I think about a dog’s anus much!  

But you do you, like what you like!

Edited by The Panda
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I was afraid you were a puddle of mush crying on the floor because of the 2 dozen live action films coming. 1.5B+ and 600mil dom is a screaming success.

Eh. Why the fuck are you so enthusiastic about live action remakes anyways?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ban1o said:

It's weird that the names Kimba and Simba are so similar when Simba is swahili for Lion. Did Tezuka get the name Kimba  from Simba and just change the S to an K lol? 

isn't it the other way around? didn't Kimba come out years before TLK?

I know the story is overall different but there are so many similarities in the beginning scenes, and Disney marketed TLK as their first "original work".

tl.jpg

I mean, RTH said he was thinking 78-82, now 80 and could go up because it’s early. It’s not the final number!

Why people are already freaking out? 

Also even with $ 80M, is doing $ 190M-200M which locks +500M, Just Calm down.