Eric Duncan

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

I didn't save receipts, but i remember saying back in 2016 that I wanted to make a Lion King club for under Finding Dory (aka not #1 animated movie of all time). last year i pushed up my expectations to under I2 but above FD, but glad to see my original club has a very solid shot of coming true. 

i stick by that this film had a lot less going for it than BATB and it looks like audiences are proving that right

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

Hold up, there's actually a chance TLK doesn't make it to 200M?

It’s unlikely. Would need a great true IM or to beat Rth’s upper end from a nearly East Coast  midnight number.

1 hour ago, Mekanos said:

So here's a fun game:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/

What's the biggest opening of a movie you didn't see? For me it's DH2.

Not a HP fan? I was skeptical and then became a huge HP Stan. Read all the books, listened to all of the audio books (incredible) and watched/own all of the blur rays

In the top 100 I have not seen

It (remake only, saw original)

Minions

Fifty Shades

Passion of the Christ

Edited by cdsacken

Some conflicting info.. underperforming OW but better than expected CS (was expecting A- with previous data).

Seems like 500 is practically locked, 600 is somewhat possible. Basically a little better than BatB...

So much over-reacting in this thread.

IT MIGHT NOT HIT 200m OW!!!!!

NMwQMOa.gifNMwQMOa.gifNMwQMOa.gifNMwQMOa.gif

As someone who pegged this hitting in the low to mid 500s DOM all along, I certainly don't see this as a bad opening.  

I mean, really folks.  I know some of you were really looking forward to a mega huge opener. And so I get felling a little disappointed in that. But this is still plenty big and a sign of a very successful movie.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

As someone who pegged this hitting in the low to mid 500s DOM all along, I certainly don't see this as a bad opening.  

I mean, really folks.  I know some of you were really looking forward to a mega huge opener. And so I get felling a little disappointed in that. But this is still plenty big and a sign of a very successful movie.

It's also people jokingly or not wanting this to fail as much as possible too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Endgame’s OW spoiled us. After a $357M OW people are starting to think $200M OW is something that should happen once in awhile, even if it’s not very realistic.

Edited by superduperm
  • Like 2

Just now, Porthos said:

Less than 600=“Disney flop” 

I mean, they did it 5 times in last year and a half, and twice in next half year :Gaga:

Engaging serious mode, true that. I was thinking 175-210ish, got a bit excited this morning, now things return to normal. It’ll probably beat BATB to be the highest LA remake DOM and WW, great performance and rolling in $$$

• Like 1