Eric Duncan

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

19 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I think Marvel still has an incredible amount of ammo left and are a favorite for the next 300M+.   

But it doesn’t matter if there’s anything right now that looks like an obvious candidate.   

In 2008 it was a good bet to say “200M will broken by the end of 2014” — but nobody would have called an Iron Man team up as the culprit.   

6 years is a huge time horizon, we can use historical trends to say that lots of things are highly likely without having a specific movie or franchise win mind yet.

Correct. We have no idea what is to come. A Harry Potter revival with the original cast would be huge. Say Joker is huge and Batman 2021 is huge and they face off in a film in 2023. Jungle Cruise could be the next Pirates & its sequel explodes. Etc. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Nothing will top endgame for a long long time. But the $200m mark?

Again, with inflation and 3d factored in, Spider-man, Matrix Reloaded, Spider-man 2, Sith, Pirates 2, Spider-man 3, The Dark Knight, Transformers 2, Harry Potter 8, The Dark Knight Rises are ALL over the $200m mark

It will happen again no doubt

We were discussing the 300M mark.

12 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

With a 55M true Friday need a 3.22 True IM. Would be shocking imo.

TS4 did 3.1x and jumped only 11% on Sat from true Fri. Had a stellar Sun hold of -14% though. Will be tough for TLK to do 200 but can't rule it out imo. 20% Sat bump from true FRi followed by 16% Sun drop could do it.

Edited by a2k

I think some members including @Charlie Jatinder get carried away with OW prediction such as TLK OW will be 260-270 M. As I said there will be long time before anything even comes close to IW OW and no movie within 5 years atleast will be able to come near Endgame OW. You just don't realize how hard it is to hit those numbers. Also there are some delusional fans who irrespective of truth or what happened in the past still cling to the past with the illusion of something great. What If. Always with the What If the something hadn't happened this would have done this much and that much even though you can't change the past. But What If???? Also predicting 250M OW for TLK and then when realizing it won't hit that numbers still going with god knows what .... Annoying might be the good word to describe that person. You all know who it is.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

The DC brand is much weaker than back then.

Stop listening to social media who claim DC is dead. Aquabro just did 1.15b and Wonder Woman did 820m. WW84 seems highly likely to top 1 billion

Compare this to marvel pre-avengers 1 or more recent marvel solo fare:

pre avengers

Iron man 1 did 585m worldwide

Hulk did 263m worldwide 

Iron man 2 did 623m worldwide

thor did 449m worldwide 

captain America did 370m worldwide

recent solo flicks

doctor strange - 677 worldwide

ant man - 519 worldwide 

Spiderman homecoming - 880 worldwide

black panther 1.3b worldwide

captain marvel 1.1b worldwide

Aside from that I would hardly call DC "Dead", I would go a step further and say it really doesn't matter what brand it is to most people. But on a bigger level -

It seriously just takes ONE awesome movie and the next big franchise is born. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

Dude Avatar movie had great legs but what it won't have is great OW. I don't think Avatar 2 will even get to 130M OW. But you can believe what you want

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

Dude Avatar movie had great legs but what it won't have is great OW. I don't think Avatar 2 will even get to 130M OW. But you can believe what you want

But the low OW only happened to Avatar because people had no idea about it before. From Avatar 2, it will get so much much hype based on the first movie. 

Edited by PKMLover