Eric Atreides

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

8 minutes ago, Nero said:

Not you . Excel 1. He is talking constantly about what if the tragedy wouldn't have happened and what if TDKR would have got 3D it would have grossed 200M on OW. I mean this what if talk is rubbish you can't change the past. So get over with it. 

Oh, sorry, i thought of little covo yesterday, you know..

4 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Recovering from Saturday Hall H Line PTSD (Seriously, Worst. Line. Management. I Have seen in 10 Years.  But we're really close boys, and it's not even Saturday!

yvuUbHo.jpg

Man, really itching to put together a high scoring combo now.

8 minutes ago, lellobaak said:

Long time lurker here, finally decided to sign up and join the conversation. I believe TLK is heading towards a very healthy (although not as big as many have hoped for) run. Basing it off of @Rthhome Friday numbers, I see TLK having a 185+ OW.

Fri: 77mil

Sat: 63mil

Sun: 48mil

Total: 188mil

This gives TLK a really good chance at 480mil DOM haul and allowing it to end its run with a 1.16mil+ WW.  These are just very very conservative numbers that will still give the movie a very high chance at top 20 of all time and second highest live action adaptation.  

Welcome!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nero said:

You just don't realize how hard it is to hit those numbers. Also there are some delusional fans who irrespective of truth or what happened in the past still cling to the past with the illusion of something great. What If. Always with the What If the something hadn't happened this would have done this much and that much even though you can't change the past. But What If???? Also predicting 250M OW for TLK and then when realizing it won't hit that numbers still going with god knows what .... Annoying might be the good word to describe that person. You all know who it is.

:father:

11 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

Avatar doesn't have big fan base????

I have seen lots of Avatar fans on the Internet, especially since Endgame appears to have a chance to pass it as the highest grossing movie, the Avatar fans appear everywhere. 

Yes my friend just like Harry Potter had big fan base or like Marvel has or even Dc has. Avatar doesn't have that big of a fan base which will rush to watch the movie on OW.  Emphasis on BIG.

12 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

Endgame is gonna be the 2nd highest single territory grosser after this weekend. That's another 2nd place record you can add to the list.

Which are those 2 territory? I assume US in 1. 

Endgame seems to become the 2nd highest grossing movie in a single territory after this weekend.

Top 10 consists of:

1: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (NA) - $936.7M

2: Avengers: Endgame (NA) - $854.2M+

3: Wolf Warrior 2 (China) - $854.2M

4: Avatar (NA) - $760.5M

5: Black Panther (NA) - $700.1M

6: The Wandering Earth (China) - $691M

7: Avengers: Infinity War (NA) - $678.8M

8: Titanic (NA) - $659.4M

9: Jurassic World (NA) - $652.3M

10: Avengers: Endgame (China) - $629.1M

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Analyzing how certain variables positively or negatively affected a films performance is pretty common. Sometimes its clear something under or over performed its potential. TDKR is probably the most obvious example of a film whose opening weekend was severely effected by outside events.

Theres nothing to "get over", it's learning. 

You can do analysis at home peacefully. No need to mention the same thing over and over again. Past is in the past let it go. Or what if in the ICC world cup New Zealand team's Martin Guptill overthrow was not given 6 runs New Zealand would have already won. Or what If Titanic had 3D at the time and PlF screens how high it would have gone today. Or what if Dinosaurs didn't go extinct. Or What if you just let it go? 

BTW i still think that it can beat BaTB and end up as highest grossing Disney Live Action (?).

I mean it has got an A CinemaScore and it has lesser competition, so legs should be good enough.

And might be underwhelming but 180-190 aren't small numbers by any means.

And i think it's Critics rating caused it to miss that 200+ mark. Which can be covered with WOM but still a 200 OW would've sounded better.

14 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

What's "utzied?"

Also, think you can check off "bad reviews took X off OW:"

Just now, Porthos said:

My post was about DOM total, but nice try. ;)

Mind, I'm sure there's better examples in the thread.  I'm just not gonna look for them. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

You can do analysis at home peacefully. No need to mention the same thing over and over again. Past is in the past let it go. Or what if in the ICC world cup New Zealand team's Martin Guptill overthrow was not given 6 runs New Zealand would have already won. Or what If Titanic had 3D at the time and PlF screens how high it would have gone today. Or what if Dinosaurs didn't go extinct. Or What if you just let it go? 

TDK prob sold more tickets than Avatar.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

You didn't circle Avatar talk

Tbh , i only skimmed the thread. I will do that in the morning. 

24 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

What's "utzied”

lolololl. u tried

24 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Also, think you can check off "bad reviews took X off OW:"

HAHAHAH