Eric Duncan

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

FWIW, Wolf Warrior 2 is ~$799mn Approx. That $854mn figure includes online ticket booking charges. However since we are talking about territory, its fine, but if its only about a country, WW 2 will be 2nd as Endgame has made $83mn in Canada.

huh. We always forget about Canada, don't we? And the currency fluctuates there too.

So TLK is PDP all over again and will struggle to overgross AoU to become highest grossing dissapointment just like I predicted. Good. Elsa under billie confirmed :sparta:

Edited by JimiQ
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

So TLK is PDP all over again and will struggle to overgross AoU to become highest grossing dissapointment just like I predicted. Good. Elsa under billie confirmed :sparta:

Remind me what PDP is, please.

Also Frozen II is making at least a billion worldwide. People often forget that the first one crossed a billion before it opened in Japan actually.

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Remind me what PDP is, please.

Also Frozen II is making at least a billion worldwide. People often forget that the first one crossed a billion before it opened in Japan actually.

Pokemon Detective Pikachu

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Ultron still has the crown WW was originally Endgame before the rerelease helped it well on the way to beat Avatar

Ultron finishing #4 WW for the year was completely shocking at the time. 

17 hours ago, baumer said:

Charlie you are awesome for raw numbers and there's no denying that. But you're also kind of sort of terrible at times when it comes to extrapolating or predicting. There's no basis at all whatsoever for this to hit 90 million off a 22 million preview. You're setting everybody up for disappointment when it only hits 75 million for the opening day in total. Tomorrow morning everyone's going to be asking you why it came in under projections LOL

And here's the post I took a lot of shit for, from a lot of members, but not from Charlie.  And here we are with a 77 million Friday.  Some of you owe me an apology.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 1

Just now, KP1025 said:

Ultron finishing #4 WW for the year was completely shocking at the time. 

Oh yeah definitely but I think after seeing the performances of BvS, Fate of the Furious, JL, TLJ, and Fallen Kingdom definitely Ultron's run looks better in hindsight. 

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

And here's the post I took a lot of shit for, from a lot of members, but not from Charlie.  And here we are with a 77 million Friday.  Some of you owe me an apology.

Nah, leave Charlie alone :redcapes:

I saw TLK today and thought it was fine.  I'm not a huge fan of the original nor did I dislike it.  I just thought it was fine.  I didn't care for some of the voice actors in this one.  Rogen stood out as the best of the bunch imo.  Scar definitely needed a stronger voice and it's too bad Irons wasn't allowed to reprise his role.  

1 minute ago, baumer said:

I think we need to have realistic expectations. If we over predict the numbers since the beginning no matter how big the no is it feels disappointing. If suppose movie is tracking for 160-200 then it's fine if you predict the no between that but to get carried away an predict something more only makes it look disappointing. And this has happened for all the movies except for few. So temper your expectations and if the no increases cheers to you all. 😊

• Like 1

TLK is going to make a pile of money.  But there were predictions of 2 billion floating around here.  Just a bit outside. 

17 hours ago, baumer said:

Charlie you are awesome for raw numbers and there's no denying that. But you're also kind of sort of terrible at times when it comes to extrapolating or predicting. There's no basis at all whatsoever for this to hit 90 million off a 22 million preview. You're setting everybody up for disappointment when it only hits 75 million for the opening day in total. Tomorrow morning everyone's going to be asking you why it came in under projections LOL

Just reacted with "astonished" so now it has all the reactions.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

TLK is going to make a pile of money.  But there were predictions of 2 billion floating around here.  Just a bit outside. 

it depends i would say, for me at least i only thought that 2 billion would be like the best scenario, if dom had made 700-750 and china had made like 300 million like gavin thought so after the teaser dropped,from what i have seen so far most people here predicted realistically  1,4-1,7 and it will come in that range, so .... i personally thought around 1,6

Edited by john2000