Eric Atreides

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

As the stable genius who boldly and correctly informed all of you of JURASSIC WORLD's impending ERUPTION back in June 2015, believe me, I will tell you, this is about to explode in similar style, no doubt.. $25m previews signals $250m opening weekend..

Star Wars 9 aside, this is the biggest opening we will have until 2021's THE BATMAN, no doubt, so enjoy it while it lasts..

Edited by excel1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

As the stable genius who boldly and correctly informed all of you of JURASSIC WORLD's impending ERUPTION back in June 2015, believe me, I will tell you, this is about to explode in similar style, no doubt.. $25m previews signals $250m opening weekend..

Star Wars 9 aside, this is the biggest opening we will have until 2021's THE BATMAN, no doubt, so enjoy it while it lasts..

Will The Batman even come close? I feel like the damage done by Batman v. Superman could hinder its OW.

1 minute ago, stealthyfrog said:

Will The Batman even come close? I feel like the damage done by Batman v. Superman could hinder its OW.

Child, if BvS didn't damage Wonder Woman in 2017 or Aquabro in 2018, it won't touch THE BATMAN in 2021 unless WB totally fucks it up (which I suppose borders on probable) so IDK

• Like 1

I had said in tracking thread that 25m could happen looking at final spurt in PS. So not surprising at all. Guarantees 200m and may end up closer to 250m than 200m.

4 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Final day jump is big. Shows are filling up. 20m+ previews is locked. i could even see 25m previews at this point. bumping up my OW prediction to 210m.

@captainwondyful my final update for Empire 25 as 1st shows start. I will be on the move and so may not be able to capture final updates for all the shows.

Reveal hidden contents

• Like 2

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

Child, if BvS didn't damage Wonder Woman in 2017 or Aquabro in 2018, it won't touch THE BATMAN in 2021 unless WB totally fucks it up (which I suppose borders on probable) so IDK

I don’t see why The Batman would do anywhere near a $200M OW. In fact in terms of CBMs and upcoming films both WW84 and BP2 have stronger chances.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Personally thinking $180-185M is the minimum for the weekend if those early numbers hold up.

That seems like a pretty low IM, especially for a movie that's aimed at kids and doesn't really have a fanboy rush element to it.

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

That seems like a pretty low IM, especially for a movie that's aimed at kids and doesn't really have a fanboy rush element to it.

I mean if it comes below the estimate that's currently projected. The high end definitely puts $200M+ in play (and guarantees this is blowing past $500M - by a lot - considering how light competition is for a while).

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I don’t see why The Batman would do anywhere near a $200M OW. In fact in terms of CBMs and upcoming films both WW84 and BP2 have stronger chances.

Insane social media response + TDK set admissions record, TDKR would have set admissions record w/o shooting...character is still huge 

• Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, Menor said:

Not surprised at 22 but 25 would be something

At 22, our analysis did pretty good. If it comes in over 24, we need to adjust our metrics a bit because this is going to overperform our estimates lol 

• Like 1

Just got out and it’s quite an enjoyable film! Sure the original is expectedly superior and not all of the emotional weight is maintained in this film. Although the voice performances actually make up for the downsides the photo-realism can have. Also cool to hear about a possible 22M-25M previews!