Eric Atreides

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

5 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Bububut the original lion king had done this and that a few centuries ago and this was bound to explode and become the biggest movie of the 21st century. Those were the days.......

Speaking as someone who is bitter as well as my own reservations about TLK, why are you bitter? Is it because we underpredicted Endgame?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

Yeah and they ask us the meaning of whatever random philosophy Ye olde English gibberish that comes out of hamlet's mouth.

All and all, these classes do their best to make Shakespeare seem completely boring as shit.

At least i remember seeing that weird Leo Dicaprio Romeo and Juliet movie so that was kind of cool i guess.

What do you expect though? Nowadays schools are glorified babysitters. Pragmatism is definitely not a thing in high schools. Besides English and Math, which are essential, I'm learning more now when I feel like learning something on a whim than I ever did in school. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Glad I wasn't here for AOU, people must have been losing their fucking minds over a not-as-good sequel with no novelty opening to 92% of the predecessor. 

I wasn't here at the time - I was at Superhero Hype using the box office threads for whatever movie to follow box office - but I do know AoU was definitely a learning experience for all BO folks. I know I felt crushed and confused. I've learned a ton since then.

38 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

Yeah and they ask us the meaning of whatever random philosophy Ye olde English gibberish that comes out of hamlet's mouth.

All and all, these classes do their best to make Shakespeare seem completely boring as shit.

At least i remember seeing that weird Leo Dicaprio Romeo and Juliet movie so that was kind of cool i guess.

Why does English have to be "fun" any more than Math or Science?

• ...wtf 1

12 minutes ago, JB33 said:

What do you expect though? Nowadays schools are glorified babysitters. Pragmatism is definitely not a thing in high schools. Besides English and Math, which are essential, I'm learning more now when I feel like learning something on a whim than I ever did in school. 

Why should pragmatism be a thing in high school?

So the BOT roller coaster continues. Now after the Saturday crash things are looking fine - if not where posters thought it would be as of Friday afternoon.

We'll see what Disney posts tomorrow morning and then what the actuals are Monday afternoon (which are likely to be higher than what Disney gives as an estimate).

So it ended up with an A cinemascore, 4 on the Posttrak and is still at 89% positive on the verified audience. So WOM isn't fantastic, but it is well above avg. I'll be seeing it tomorrow morning in IMAX with my family. My wife and son saw it already on Friday and are looking forward to seeing it again.

I'll add that once again the movie with the closest scores is Yday.

All critics 6.4 (63%), Top critics 6.14 (51%)

All Audiences 88%, 4.25 (15,292), Verified audiences 89%, 4.32 (11,484)

TLK

All critics 6.12 (55%), Top critics 5.79 (36%)

All Audiences 85%, 4.32 (17,078), verified audiences 89%, 4.49 (12,413)

So it wouldn't shock me if it ended up with a multiplier not too far off from Yday, its audience scores are so close. Yday had an A- cinemascore and like TLK it also over indexed in females which would suggest the run could end up being backloaded some.  I'll be a little surprised if its multiple is sub 3. I'd guess 3.2-3.4 eventually.

‘Avengers: Endgame’ Finally Conquers King of The World James Cameron’s ‘Avatar’ To Becoming The Highest Grossing Film Of All-Time

D_9ZjUtU4AA4bx7.jpg
  • Like 10
  • Astonished 4

Out of my link 3 posts higher

Marvel boss Kevin Feige made it official Saturday at the studio’s Comic-Con panel that Avengers: Endgame is clicking past Avatar‘s $2.7897 billion global box office this weekend to become the biggest film of all time at the box office. It took nine years, but it finally happened.

There is currently a gap of $500K in global ticket sales between Avatar and Endgame, and the latter will click past that tomorrow.

“Thanks to you, Avengers: Endgame is the biggest film of all-time,” Feige told Hall H at the top of the Marvel panel.

As of this minute, the global B.O. for Endgame through yesterday stands at $2,789.2 billion. Why are Avatar‘s grosses higher then what’s on Box Office Mojo? Because its global B.O. was updated by Disney/Fox to reflect a small amount of reissue grosses in various territories over the years.

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

:D

Shawn has spoken too

• Like 1

I’d say something to celebrate this collective accomplishment, this collective victory, but it would be an Endgame spoiler and I don’t want to get banned. But you probably know what quote it is.

Edited by TServo2049