Eric Atreides

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

Scar (Endgame) has finally killed and dethroned Mufasa (Avatar) with a help of a stampede (literally in some theaters)

but Simba (Avatar 2) will come to avenge his father and claim the throne

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Royce said:

Scar (Endgame) has finally killed and dethroned Mufasa (Avatar) with a help of a stampede (literally in some theaters)

?width=424&version=1880320

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mekanos said:

Glad I wasn't here for AOU, people must have been losing their fucking minds over a not-as-good sequel with no novelty opening to 92% of the predecessor. 

One poster in particular made that weekend thread a nightmare. Plus, every thread after it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Royce said:

I hope so. Disney having the number 1 movie WW is nice. Disney having the top 2 movies WW is nicer.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mekanos said:

Glad I wasn't here for AOU, people must have been losing their fucking minds over a not-as-good sequel with no novelty opening to 92% of the predecessor. 

It was horrific. You had this tool named GiantCalBears disparaging Rth for over-estimating AOU’s initial nunbers. It was so disgraceful and pathetic that I don’t care if I get banned for calling him out on being a toolbox. For anyone to insult Rth is pathetic.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

It was horrific. You had this tool named GiantCalBears disparaging Rfh for over-estimating AOU’s initial nunbers. It was so disgraceful and pathetic that I don’t care if I get banned for calling him out on being a toolbox. For anyone to insult Rth is pathetic.

Didn't they ban that guy? That weekend was quite a shit show for sure. 

7 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I remember him getting temporarily suspended a little while after that for sending me insulting private messages, but I am unaware of any other time that he was suspended. I do not believe that he was banned from that weekend thread. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I do not believe he was permanently banned.

Edited by Walt Disney

So, since it's Disney live action weekend, I figured I'd watch the actual live action from 2018, Mary Poppins Returns...and now I know why it got slaughtered by Aquaman in BO.

It's like a movie that is WAY less than the sum of its parts.  It had some great musical numbers.  It had some nicely done acting.  It had some great cameos.  It had beautiful scenery and animation.  And yet, nothing came together, nothing worked as a whole...as I mentioned to my spouse, it reminded me of some of the touring theatrical productions we've seen that were beautifully sung and danced, but just terrible as a play.  At one point, about an hour in, I even got bored and took a 10 minute break...it was like I was appreciating it, but not engaging with it.  

And, it also weirdly felt outdated and yet out of place.  Like, by trying not to modernize, but modernizing, it was like the worst of all worlds.  Worse, it did expect one to know all about the 1st movie...which must have been a kid turnoff.  

All in all, I give it a B- b/c of the excellence of the parts (without those dance and musical numbers, it would have fallen to a C-).  I give the musical and dance scenes A's, and would happily watch them if my son decided those were the songs he would ever youtube, but I won't watch the movie as a whole again.  

• Like 1

1. Disney+ Release Date Announcements at The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Fall 2020 Loki - Spring 2021 WandaVision - Spring 2021 What If...? - Summer 2021 Hawkeye - Fall 2021

Theatrical Release Date Announcements at Black Widow - May 1, 2020 The Eternals - Nov. 6, 2020 Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - Feb. 12, 2021 Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - May 7, 2021 Thor: Love and Thunder - Nov. 5, 2021

• Astonished 2

39 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I thought he made some type of bet that he lost and then when it was time to pay up, high tailed it out like a coward

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1