Eric Duncan

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

7 hours ago, Nova said:

Just because we had outrageous predictions for a movie, doesn’t mean said movie that’s opening to $190M+ isn’t an event film. Like what kind of logic is that :winomg: 

It can’t be an event film when it’s a tech demo, not a movie!

is the new cat fur from cats supposed to be cheap?  Ex-Machina was cheap. 

that should change the way special effects are used in movies.  anyone can be anything, eye candy should then be harder to sell. 

is the cats movie supposed to be like an equivalent of a 100M movie turned into a year-long inexpensive production with whatever you want?  Something from the bedroom?

To whomsoever it concerns, The Lion King is looking at 3rd biggest OW for a Hollywood movie in India after EndGame & Infinity War.

Also it's jump from Friday to Saturday was record breaking.

Full trend will be known on Weekdays but it should target 4th Highest Grossing Hollywood movie in India for its lifetime atleast.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

15 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Since Marvel announced the slate, studios do not need to stay clear after opening weekend in 2020. Even one week later they can move in, hope studios step up.

Yeah there's nothing from Marvel for studios to really be afraid of. It's actually a nice change, and I'm a Marvel fanatic! 2020 and 2021 will be a nice little breather, but with intriguing offerings nonetheless.

3 hours ago, DAR said:

I thought he made some type of bet that he lost and then when it was time to pay up, high tailed it out like a coward

It was Wonder Woman over 400M or Spidey1 and against @baumerI think. He would mock everyone for their predictions (You can still see it in his activity) but as soon as he realized the impossible was going to happen, he ran away.

• Like 1

This is family film releasing in the middle of July, where it'll have a maximum benefit on weekdays. Even with the very high Thursday preview number, I wouldn't bet on a multiplier under 3.5. I think $650M is the low.

Edited by Biggestgeekever
  • Haha 1

Damn I was mostly disappointed by TLK OW but after the good shit from Marvel stuff and Endgame becoming highest grossing movie of all time, I think now TLK is doing phenomenal stuff... Man I'm not so sad but just happy. Love you 3000 Marvel and Feige... TLK will do good don't worry guys

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

Damn I was mostly disappointed by TLK OW but after the good shit from Marvel stuff and Endgame becoming highest grossing movie of all time, I think now TLK is doing phenomenal stuff... Man I'm not so sad but just happy. Love you 3000 Marvel and Feige... TLK will do good don't worry guys

plus lion king will make 1,5-1,6+ billions thats fantastic

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

That phase 4 line up from Marvel doesn’t look very good at all. 

Hard to tell which ones are actually films and which one are just for streaming. 

Black Widow though, yay. But we’ve known that for months. 

But they made that very clear...

The films are: Black Widow, Eternals, Shang-Chi, Doctor Strange, Thor and Blade. 

The rest are series for Disney+

Also there’s more Phase 4 to be announced later, including Fantastic 4 and X Men

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1