Eric Duncan

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

I wanted to watch The Lion King today and then I decided to see the Rotten Tomatoes score to see how good it is, I had little doubt it was great..and then 55%! I'm shocked!

What the hell happened? Did Disney really ruin the "Lion King" brand? TLK is my favorite animated movie of all time, I'd like to avoid watching something that's not up to the standards of the 90s.

• Haha 1

Just now, Fullbuster said:

I wanted to watch The Lion King today and then I decided to see the Rotten Tomatoes score to see how good it is, I had little doubt it was great..and then 55%! I'm shocked!

What the hell happened? Did Disney really ruin the "Lion King" brand? TLK is my favorite animated movie of all time, I'd like to avoid watching something that's not up to the standards of the 90s.

Did you think any of the other remakes were up to the standards of the 90s? Beauty and the Beast for example?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

The audience score is 90%

Just go watch it and decide for yourself.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 2

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Yeah this is what we call a "character actor".

No, he's played the leading man in most of his stuff except Elton John.  He's not A List but he's at least B List and rising.  He's not a a star but he's a recognizable name.

He's very good in the good The Bodyguard (it's on Netflix) even if the series hits the wall before the last episode and turns to crap (not his fault)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Did you think any of the other remakes were up to the standards of the 90s? Beauty and the Beast for example?

I only saw Beauty and the Beast, I liked it because it was very faithful.

What bothers me is the RT conclusion saying it lacks the energy and heart of the animated movie, which wasn't the case with BatB.

3 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

The audience score is 90%

Just go watch it and decide for yourself.

I guess I might next week, will read some reviews and opinions to know what to expect.

Edited by Fullbuster

4 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

It depends on personal opinion, i liked it, many didn't, critics certainly didn't. So it's about your personal preference.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cannastop said:

The Jungle Book? It was actually better then original one.

But i guess it doesn't count considering it wasn't of 90s.

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

No, he's played the leading man in most of his stuff except Elton John.  He's not A List but he's at least B List and rising.  He's not a a star but he's a recognizable name.

He's very good in the good The Bodyguard (it's on Netflix) even if the series hits the wall before the last episode and turns to crap (not his fault)

Was The Prince in Cinderella much of a leading role? I didn't watch the new one.

6 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Well, I don't think anyone is a draw.

There are - but it depends on the project.    Even when there were big draws it depended on the project.     That was true even when Cary Grant was the biggest star in the world.

Magnolia didn't make Top Gun money.    But for that kind of film he was still a draw b/c it made more with him than w/o.  

• Like 1

I guess what some are trying to say is Richard Madden isn’t exactly a household name. 

I could say to my buddies (who all saw Bodyguard and GoT) “Richard Madden is in Eternals!” and they’d be like “who?”

they’d recognise his face, but that would require seeing a picture/watching a trailer etc. 

Yet Angelina Jolie is a STAR. Whether that be because of celebrity, her famous dad, her time with Pitt, her humanitarian stuff, Lara Croft...whatever. She is a superstar. Stick her name above a movie and it’ll mean something to people. Madden isn’t that. 

A star is someone you don’t need to explain who they are to people. That is something money can’t buy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Was The Prince in Cinderella much of a leading role? I didn't watch the new one.

He was the romantic leading man.  His role was the third biggest.  Regardless, not being the main character doesn't make one a character actor - just a supporting actor.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I guess what some are trying to say is Richard Madden isn’t exactly a household name. 

I could say to my buddies (who all saw Bodyguard and GoT) “Richard Madden is in Eternals!” and they’d be like “who?”

they’d recognise his face, but that would require seeing a picture/watching a trailer etc. 

Yet Angelina Jolie is a STAR. Whether that be because of celebrity, her famous dad, her time with Pitt, her humanitarian stuff, Lara Croft...whatever. She is a superstar. Stick her name above a movie and it’ll mean something to people. Madden isn’t that. 

A star is someone you don’t need to explain who they are to people. That is something money can’t buy. 

I think if Keeley Hawes was in the film, people would lose their nut!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Past 5 pages on what's coming NEXT year? And debating whoever Rob Stark is (never even heard of him). Ugh!

Robb Stark is a character, not the name of the actor