Eric Atreides

Halloween Kills | October 15, 2021 | Uni/Blumhouse | Releases day-and-date in theaters and Peacock | 35% on RT

22 minutes ago, Viktor Vilotijevic said:

Well, I guess this will keep the original release date, but I am scared what they may add for October 16th, now that so many films got delayed.

Even though the opening weekend of HK will likely drop from H2018, I doubt many studios would want to risk going up against the sequel to a film that made nearly $80 million on opening weekend, I think it’ll be pretty safe on its current date.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Viktor Vilotijevic said:

I'm expecting 40-50 million opening this time around max. But let's say if they put "Mulan" or even "A Quiet Place Part II", I think both films could claim victory over "Halloween". Any news on when will the trailer drop? Btw, shooting of "Halloween Ends" is pushed for Summer 2020.

I don't think either APII or Mulan will go in October. APII would make a killing in late September.

Ends probably won't film until the fall. They were always supposed to film in the summer, apparently.

28 minutes ago, Viktor Vilotijevic said:

I'm expecting 40-50 million opening this time around max. But let's say if they put "Mulan" or even "A Quiet Place Part II", I think both films could claim victory over "Halloween". Any news on when will the trailer drop? Btw, shooting of "Halloween Ends" is pushed for Summer 2020.

Mulan would definitely outgross Halloween Kills if they shared the same date, but they’d likely co-exist due to being aimed at two very different audiences. There’s no way they’d schedule AQP2 around the same date as HK though, they’d cannibalise each other which wouldn’t be good for either film.

7 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Mulan would definitely outgross Halloween Kills if they shared the same date, but they’d likely co-exist due to being aimed at two very different audiences. There’s no way they’d schedule AQP2 around the same date as HK though, they’d cannibalise each other which wouldn’t be good for either film.

Exactly, I'm not sure how Mulan and Halloween Kills occupy the same audience anyway.

When HALLOWEEN came out, Venom and A Star Is Born still held very well, and HALLOWEEN still almost cleared 80M. That's the beauty of different audiences.

• Like 2

This seems a bit more screwed than most. If theatres aren't open by October, does this get delayed a whole year? I know Blum promised it'd be out this year, but he responds to fans without thinking on an almost daily basis.

They should probably hold off on the trailer for a bit...

It's still too early to really tell what'll happen with this one, it's still March.

I know these last few weeks have felt like months, and there is a real possibility that things won't be any better by then, or that people won't feel comfortable going at the time.

What we don't want is a second wave, so theaters need to be REALLY strategic with when/how they reopen.

With that being said, I'm 50/50 on the marketing. On one hand, dropping a trailer now could be a bright spot in the horror community, something to speculate/talk about and look forward to. Either way you spin it, there's already discussion about whether it'll be delayed or not so it's not like a trailer would spark that conversation even more. But on the contrary, it is kind of like... so do you just... wait? Wait to start any marketing for any film in the fall since everything is in limbo?

If it has to be, I'd rather it be pushed back a year which wouldn't be unprecedented for Universal with F9 (though that was primarily due to the overseas B.O numbers, which Halloween doesn't really rely on). This movie deserves a theatrical release through and through.

2 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

Carpenter's been able to score the movie and it's pretty much done. No reshoots were scheduled after the test screening.

Yep. Overheard that they didn't think they needed to do any, as they seem very happy with what they have.

So excited for the score!

• Like 2