Eric Atreides

Halloween Kills | October 15, 2021 | Uni/Blumhouse | Releases day-and-date in theaters and Peacock | 35% on RT

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

But still the reviews are very bad, i can't find a single known critic or site that give more than 6/10, which doesn't bodes well.

Maybe it can manage to go fresh with 60-63% but this sounds like the best scenario.

The Last one people are meh about it and legs are bad even with good reviews, for horror this doesn't matter that much.

That’s a bit over the top again, it’s at 50%, they’re mixed. The 2018 film has a fantastic reaction among horror fans. Legs were as expected due to fan rush, level of the opening (a record) and release period.

50% would be the 4th best score on the tomato website for the franchise and only two out of twelve films are “fresh”. 

12 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Collin literally gave Reminiscence a 3/5. He's given practically all the big blockbusters released this year high scores too and was the only critics on metacritic to give the Snyder Cut a 5/5. He's definitely more lenient than his peers.

I’ve been reading his reviews since the News of the World newspaper days in the late 00’s. Personally, I’m just not calling him lenient based on a few recent examples. 

14 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

That’s a bit over the top again, it’s at 50%, they’re mixed. The 2018 film has a fantastic reaction among horror fans. Legs were as expected due to fan rush, level of the opening (a record) and release period.

50% would be the 4th best score on the tomato website for the franchise and only two out of twelve films are “fresh”. 

Among horror fans it was received well, but I'm not sure that it translated to the populace very well. I know it's anecdotal, but I don't remember anyone being effusive in their praise of it, or even more than one or two people even thinking it was good. 

I wouldn’t worry too much about the reviews just yet, there’s only 14 so far and they’re from a non-horror festival which tends to be harsher on genre-fare (I know some of them are still major publications, but even so). If this had premiered at FrightFest I think we’d be seeing considerably stronger reviews. That hilarious Variety review alone shows that the reviewer isn’t exactly the target audience for it.

This would have to bomb spectacularly hard for them to not make Halloween Ends considering the Blumhouse production budget won’t be particularly large, and even with mediocre reviews I don’t see it opening below Halloween (2007), so I think we’ll at least get one more.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I wouldn’t worry too much about the reviews just yet, there’s only 14 so far and they’re from a non-horror festival which tends to be harsher on genre-fare (I know some of them are still major publications, but even so). If this had premiered at FrightFest I think we’d be seeing considerably stronger reviews. That hilarious Variety review alone shows that the reviewer isn’t exactly the target audience for it.

This would have to bomb spectacularly hard for them to not make Halloween Ends considering the Blumhouse production budget won’t be particularly large, and even with mediocre reviews I don’t see it opening below Halloween (2007), so I think we’ll at least get one more.

Yeh I agree with all of this. 

Budget for the 2018 was $10m. I’d imagine this is $20-25m, just a guess though. 

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Why?!?!?!?!?!

I take back what I said earlier about Halloween Ends being a guaranteed thing. They just cut the opening weekend in half with this move. 

If Ends happens, I bet it’s direct to Peacock like the Exorcist sequels.

This is depressing.