Eric Duncan

Halloween Kills | October 15, 2021 | Uni/Blumhouse | Releases day-and-date in theaters and Peacock | 35% on RT

10 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I take back what I said earlier about Halloween Ends being a guaranteed thing. They just cut the opening weekend in half with this move. 

If Ends happens, I bet it’s direct to Peacock like the Exorcist sequels.

This is depressing.

Same director (David Gorden Green) for both so think that's a possibility.

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Off topic but I almost feel bad for Tom Hardy lol. You can tell he absolutely despises making those films lol, Paycheque gig though. 

nah he loves it. he has a writing credit on the new one. he is the auteur of the venom franchise like vin diesel with fast and furious.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I believe this will only be available on Peacock via the premium tier though, so considering Peacock is struggling, it might not siphon off as much as I fear it could, not many people are going to sign up to Peacock premium just for this.

Horror fans have been resilient in going to theatres throughout the pandemic, and I think fans will likely still go to the cinema for HK.

Still an absolutely moronic decision though.

33 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I could understand them launching it on Peacock on Halloween night, 2 weeks after a theatrical play. This is insanity at this point. Horror has bounced back and everything.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

At this point I am convinced the remaining day and dates have little to do with Delta or COVID fears given the numbers and more to do with propping up struggling streaming services so they can be viable assets for the "way of the future" that the industry was trying to shift to even pre-COVID.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 18