Eric Duncan

Halloween Kills | October 15, 2021 | Uni/Blumhouse | Releases day-and-date in theaters and Peacock | 35% on RT

I just realised, Halloween (2018) only had two weekends in October, this film has 3.

15th-17th

22nd-24th

29th-31st

Could have a softer drop in its third weekend, whereas the last films’ third weekend was already November and it fell -65.5%. It’s second weekend drop was  solid for the genre and sheer level it opened: -58.8%. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Last Man Standing said:

I knew her mother was an actress but I didn't know she was in Psycho, horror royalty coming through!

Jamie Lee Curtis has always acknowledged that her mom being the star of Psycho probably helped with getting cast in Halloween in the first place. Some Hollywood kids act like they came up the hard way, when having a famous parent (or two, like with Jamie Lee Curtis) helps a lot with breaking into showbiz. You still have to have the goods for a long term career, but it's an enormous advantage, I respect that JLC admits it.

• Like 4

I think they’ll do a heavy marketing and get slightly better reviews for the third one. The grand finale that will, I assume, have more Laurie vs. Michael time. Let’s just hope Halloween Kills doesn’t do much damage to the trilogy in terms of bad word of mouth so the people give up on the last installment. I know I’ll be watching this one couple of times, but I’m talking in general.

7 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I just realised, Halloween (2018) only had two weekends in October, this film has 3.

15th-17th

22nd-24th

29th-31st

Could have a softer drop in its third weekend, whereas the last films’ third weekend was already November and it fell -65.5%. It’s second weekend drop was  solid for the genre and sheer level it opened: -58.8%. 

I expect second weekend to have a big drop, with the third one being softer. And then after that it all goes downhill. I guess second weekend may drop 60+ % while third weekend should drop below 50%.

https://uproxx.com/movies/david-gordon-green-interview-halloween-kills-halloween-ends/

So the third movie one, is it still going to jump ahead a little bit? Is this true? I think I read that.

Yeah. It jumps into a contemporary timeline. So we go from two episodes that are the same night in 2018. And then we’ll get up to speed with … It’ll take place the time of its release.

So do you incorporate things that have happened in the real world since then, like what we’re going through now? Would that be part of it?

Yeah.

I guess there are going to be more masks around.

So if you think about it, I mean, where we’re leaving these characters on Halloween 2018, the world is a different place. So not only do they have their immediate world affected by that trauma, having time to process that trauma – and that’s a specific and immediate traumatic event in the community of Haddonfield. But then they also had a worldwide pandemic and peculiar politics and another million things that turned their world upside down.

That sounds absolutely miserable and I hate that they changed their trilogy over one night plan. Will anyone want more pandemic movies by late 2022? I don't think people even want them now.

Also how's a time skip gonna be when most of these reviews say Kills feels like a part 1 movie (and probably ends on a cliffhanger).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

That sounds absolutely miserable and I hate that they changed their trilogy over one night plan. Will anyone want more pandemic movies by late 2022? I don't think people even want them now.

Also how's a time skip gonna be when most of these reviews say Kills feels like a part 1 movie (and probably ends on a cliffhanger).

I haven’t seen the film yet so I’m just speculating here, but I’m guessing the end of Kills will be more along the lines of “Where did Michael disappear to?” rather than an outright cliffhanger that needs to be immediately resolved (similar to how the original film ends).

Im glad they’re skipping forward, surely by the end of Kills it’ll be well into November 1st, and Laurie will be exhausted.

Edited by SnokesLegs

My Halloween films ranking (excluding Halloween 3):

1. "Halloween"

2. "Halloween 2"

3. "Halloween H20"

4. "Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers" (I know most people hate this one, but I still find it scary)

5. "Halloween" (2018)

6. "Halloween 4"

7. "Halloween" (Rob Zombie's)

8. "Halloween 5"

9. "Halloween 2" (Rob Zombie's)

10. "Halloween Resurrection"

I am watching "Halloween Kills" tomorrow.

My theater of choice which is the best in town and that gives me a 50% discount in every ticket is only showing it dubbed in portuguese, which is a hard No for me, so I'm still deciding if I should go see it in a less good and yet more expensive theater, or if I should wait to watch it "on Peacock" (wink wink)

6 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

I actually think it's important that Hollywood not completely ignore the pandemic. The Spanish Flu is completely absent from any media (outside of newspapers) from that era. No books, theater, paintings, nothing. 

Edited by tonytr87