Jump to content
Eric Madrigal

Halloween Kills | October 15, 2021 | Uni/Blumhouse | Releases day-and-date in theaters and Peacock | 35% on RT

Recommended Posts

My calculation, following the current box office patterns, lead it to 75% second weekend drop, to 12.3 million $. Overall, it should give the film total of 70.45 million $ for 10 days.

 

Then there is the third weekend mystery. We are all expecting a smaller drop, since it's an actual Halloween weekend. But how much smaller? I'm thinking of 40-45%.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ViktorLosAngeles said:

My calculation, following the current box office patterns, lead it to 75% second weekend drop, to 12.3 million $. Overall, it should give the film total of 70.45 million $ for 10 days.

 

Then there is the third weekend mystery. We are all expecting a smaller drop, since it's an actual Halloween weekend. But how much smaller? I'm thinking of 40-45%.

75%?? That would be wild. That would be the kind of drop I'd expect if its 2nd weekend was Eternals OW.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at the recent weekday drops. It will surely drop more than 30% on Wednesday and additional 15% on Thursday. That would make Thursday gross somewhere around 1.5 million $. The Friday boost will be like 135-150%, which, when multiplied, won't be much more than 3.8 million$. From there on it's safe to say 12 million is guaranteed, but anything above it is a success.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s sloppy, meanders, flirts with being pretentious at times (a word that never should be associated with slashers) but i still liked. Kills are still brutal, still got ‘18’s sense of humor and that mob sequence at the hospital is good stuff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ViktorLosAngeles said:

HK grossed 2 million on Wednesday (-27%). I'm predicting 13-15% drop tomorrow. 1.7-1.74 Thursday and then 3.45-4 million $ Friday. So far, it still looks like it will drop 75% in it's second weekend.

 

Oh a 100% Friday jump for a horror film would be pretty bad. Venom 2 jumped 165%+ and still fell 65%. I think it’s Friday boost will be bigger. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2021 at 2:56 PM, ViktorLosAngeles said:

HK grossed 2 million on Wednesday (-27%). I'm predicting 13-15% drop tomorrow. 1.7-1.74 Thursday and then 3.45-4 million $ Friday. So far, it still looks like it will drop 75% in it's second weekend.

 

You called it. 

 

  • Not Cool 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Is Ends still set for next October? When do they plan to start shooting?

 

19 minutes ago, motionpic05 said:

 

Yup, it is. They start shooting in January


I hope that’s still the plan, I wasn’t sure if covid delayed things.

 

This gives them time to fix some of the problems in Halloween Kills. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

 


I hope that’s still the plan, I wasn’t sure if covid delayed things.

 

This gives them time to fix some of the problems in Halloween Kills. 

 

Yup, it seems like they are set on that. David Gordon Green was interviewed just about a week ago and he said that date. Plus, the dude that plays The Shape said it was January as well. 

 

It was supposed to shoot this Fall I believe but they wanted to see what people thought of kills so they could take that to improve Ends which seems to have been a great decision.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that they were sitting on this garbage for a year, and didn't make it at least decent, sadly gives me zero hopes for Ends. And HK also had reshoots, and it looks like it did. And at least 3 different screenplays they just patched.

 

I will see Ends regardless, but I'm keeping my hopes low.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.