Eric Duncan

Halloween Kills | October 15, 2021 | Uni/Blumhouse | Releases day-and-date in theaters and Peacock | 35% on RT

Just when we think we have seen every possible sub-filter used for headlines

‘Halloween Kills’ Was the “Number 1 Non-Live Event Premiere” in the History of Peacock Thus Far

So it beat Boss Baby 2 is literally the only takeaway from that headline since Peacock is pretty much just a ton of failed tv show launches and The Olympics, The Office and the EPL.

Finally got to see this and oh boy, imo, an absolute mess.  It stinks in almost every way imaginable.  The complete antithesis of what Carpenter created.  I won't be surprised if the final installment drops enormously.  Halloween ends will benefit from the fact that it is supposedly the last Halloween movie, but another 30% drop domestically wouldn't surprise me.  

On 11/9/2021 at 7:01 AM, baumer said:

Finally got to see this and oh boy, imo, an absolute mess.  It stinks in almost every way imaginable.  The complete antithesis of what Carpenter created.  I won't be surprised if the final installment drops enormously.  Halloween ends will benefit from the fact that it is supposedly the last Halloween movie, but another 30% drop domestically wouldn't surprise me.  

It does not matter that it is a bad film, if it makes money we will see another Hallloween movie. I always take the "this will be the climax of the series" statements with a ton of salt when it comes to sucessful franchses.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dudalb said:

It does not matter that it is a bad film, if it makes money we will see another Hallloween movie. I always take the "this will be the climax of the series" statements with a ton of salt when it comes to sucessful franchses.

Of course.  They will just reboot, reimagine or reinvigorate another incantation of this in about ten years.

I saw the movie.
It's huge, not necessarily at all points, and less than the 2018 one, but it's damn huge to remember.

I don't necessarily like the multiple allusions to "40 years ago we were scared, now no", they say it like 15 times in the movie, it was pretty heavy.

For the purely entertaining side, and that's what you expect on this type of production, I got my money's worth.

Michael is a real bogeyman, who came from hell to hunt and kill. I hope Halloween Ends will ring its crown by killing Laurie for good, or ring the advent of Queen Strode with a real ending.

Oh and the soundtrack ... an orgasm.

B+

Edited by Jak Ryan Drake Campbell
  • Like 1