Eric Atreides

Halloween Kills | October 15, 2021 | Uni/Blumhouse | Releases day-and-date in theaters and Peacock | 35% on RT

24 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

So basically the premise of Halloween II

It's definitely on paper a homage to it, but it seems it won't take place entirely in the hospital, and that (to me) it won't be nearly as boring as Halloween II actually is.

There was a press screening last week.

Found a few people who claim to have seen it - I believe one of them as I've known him a while and met on various Halloween conventions etc.

They all liked/loved it. They all raved about Kyle Richards lmao.

1 hour ago, ddddeeee said:

There was a press screening last week.

Found a few people who claim to have seen it - I believe one of them as I've known him a while and met on various Halloween conventions etc.

They all liked/loved it. They all raved about Kyle Richards lmao.

horror fans have no standards, they probably liked the 2018 borefest too

• ...wtf 1

10 hours ago, aladdino said:

horror fans have no standards, they probably liked the 2018 borefest too

This is quite the take.

(Its way better than Halloween 2018 and I really enjoyed that film, having had some problems with it though).

Edited by Amorphous
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Amorphous said:

This is quite the take.

(Its way better than Halloween 2018 and I really enjoyed that film, having had some problems with it though).

how's it looking compared to other Halloweens, assuming you've seen them.

3 minutes ago, Amorphous said:

won't go too in depth here out of respect for the filmmakers - but it's the most emotional halloween film by far, for me (a lot of people seemed to agree). it's very brutal and really gory (think the latter will be toned down, the brutality makes sense given the story/stakes in this film) - and it has the best & smartest set of characters in the entire franchise. i can definitely see some still having their favorites but man, it's a damn good horror film - and fixes every 'issue' i had with H'18. again, this is all my opinion (and i stand by it having slept on it) and we're still 8-9 months out.

my current ranking :

HALLOWEEN

HK

HALLOWEEN ’18

HALLOWEEN ’81

HALLOWEEN H20

HALLOWEEN 4

HALLOWEEN III

RZ’s HALLOWEEN

HALLOWEEN 6

HALLOWEEN 5

RZ’s HALLOWEEN II

HALLOWEEN: RESURRECTION

Then you can absolutely color me intrigued. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Amorphous said:

won't go too in depth here out of respect for the filmmakers - but it's the most emotional halloween film by far, for me (a lot of people seemed to agree). it's very brutal and really gory (think the latter will be toned down, the brutality makes sense given the story/stakes in this film) - and it has the best & smartest set of characters in the entire franchise. i can definitely see some still having their favorites but man, it's a damn good horror film - and fixes every 'issue' i had with H'18. again, this is all my opinion (and i stand by it having slept on it) and we're still 8-9 months out.

my current ranking :

HALLOWEEN

HK

HALLOWEEN ’18

HALLOWEEN ’81

HALLOWEEN H20

HALLOWEEN 4

HALLOWEEN III

RZ’s HALLOWEEN

HALLOWEEN 6

HALLOWEEN 5

RZ’s HALLOWEEN II

HALLOWEEN: RESURRECTION

Does it have any chase scenes? One thing I though H18 was missing was some classic stalk and chase sequences.

1 hour ago, Boxofficerules said:

I don’t know why they’re afraid of spoilers leaking from the test screening, we all know that Universal / Blumhouse are going to put them all in the trailer.

There's some genuine surprises that I don't think will be in the marketing - even with how much Universal will inevitably spoil haha

Edited by Amorphous