Eric Atreides

Halloween Kills | October 15, 2021 | Uni/Blumhouse | Releases day-and-date in theaters and Peacock | 35% on RT

Just now, DAJK said:

Imo this is going to drop HUGE from the first. Halloween 2018 was a novelty, getting to see Curtis back in the role. imo this is going to do something like 30/65 whenever it releases. 

Even without COVID, IT 2 from IT drop would have been a dream scenario for this I imagine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

Even without COVID, IT 2 from IT drop would have been a dream scenario for this I imagine.

Oh I honestly think COVID is the least of this movie's worries. The novelty wearing off is going to be a much bigger threat, no matter where this releases. 

28 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Oh I honestly think COVID is the least of this movie's worries. The novelty wearing off is going to be a much bigger threat, no matter where this releases. 

You think? There's been a lot of hype on social media about it, despite a trailer not even being out.

I see it doing 50/110 domestic.

• Like 1

I don’t even know where to start with predictions. Who knows if there will

be a theatrical release if the second wave of COVID-19 happens. Even if it doesn’t what number of theaters will we be operating with and how much will people still be scared from going to theatres. 

On 4/30/2020 at 6:06 PM, Amorphous said:

You think? There's been a lot of hype on social media about it, despite a trailer not even being out.

I see it doing 50/110 domestic.

I can see that... Depending on how big of an impact the Covid will have on the box office when movies start to play again

Edited by cheesypoofs

On 4/30/2020 at 11:40 AM, DAJK said:

Imo this is going to drop HUGE from the first. Halloween 2018 was a novelty, getting to see Curtis back in the role. imo this is going to do something like 30/65 whenever it releases. 

Oof, that would be pretty rough.

33 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Just delay it until next October.

Would be a good bet the way all these movies have jumped back exactly one year. Also gives time for the whole AMC/Universal dispute to be resolved (which will likely happen by the time Fast 9 comes out in April).

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

The problem with this movie is that it's set up for the 3 Stode girls to survive and for Michael to come back over and over. So no suspsense outside of "how the redshirts will be killed". So yeha, dropping hard.

Really? Because with this being a two parter I can't see how Laurie survives this one, if anything the safe money is on her definitely biting it

19 hours ago, filmlover said:

Would be a good bet the way all these movies have jumped back exactly one year. Also gives time for the whole AMC/Universal dispute to be resolved (which will likely happen by the time Fast 9 comes out in April).

That dispute will be over before cinemas reopen. My money is on it never being mentioned again publicly by either party with Universal films continuing to be shown at AMC locations. I highly doubt Universal will be happy to have their films blocked by the biggest chain in the US.

As for this film, given the test scores I can’t really see them killing off Laurie, I feel like that would be something that would piss off viewers (just look at Halloween Resurrection...).

11 hours ago, Valonqar said:

The problem with this movie is that it's set up for the 3 Stode girls to survive and for Michael to come back over and over. So no suspsense outside of "how the redshirts will be killed". So yeha, dropping hard.

Eh.

Laurie isn't dying in this movie (the promo for these next two movies said 'The saga of Laurie Strode and Michael Myers isn't over' and DGG talked about Ends being the end of this Laurie's story), so I'm not sure what this conversation is even about.

Edited by ddddeeee