Eric Atreides

Halloween Kills | October 15, 2021 | Uni/Blumhouse | Releases day-and-date in theaters and Peacock | 35% on RT

19 minutes ago, baumer said:

Why would Danielle Harris even fit in here? She's from a completely different Halloween Universe.

True but it would cool to have her there in some capacity even for selfish reasons 😛

But yes obviously she would have to be a completely different character.

I seriously doubt she'll be in either movie though for the reason you said and really she doesn't need to be there.

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

Why would Danielle Harris even fit in here? She's from a completely different Halloween Universe.

She has a cult who worship her and who somehow feel she's being purposefully and personally targetted by producers when, as you say, she is not in this continuity, and they went out of their way to add her to the RZ films.

She doesn't help by having a rant every few months. I guess that's what happens when you go to cons and have tens of men tell you that you're the best thing since Jesus because they get off on the fact that the cute little girl became hot. It's all weird and creepy.

5 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

She has a cult who worship her and who somehow feel she's being purposefully and personally targetted by producers when, as you say, she is not in this continuity, and they went out of their way to add her to the RZ films.

She doesn't help by having a rant every few months. I guess that's what happens when you go to cons and have tens of men tell you that you're the best thing since Jesus because they get off on the fact that the cute little girl became hot. It's all weird and creepy.

I'm part of her cult following.  And I know guys like you and @75Live and others are aware of her problems she's had with Halloween over the years.  They wouldn't even pay her $5000 to be in Halloween 6, they recast her role and paid some actress a demeaning amount to play her character briefly at the beginning.  I'd love to see her in the film as well, but it's not going to happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, baumer said:

I'm part of her cult following.  And I know guys like you and @75Live and others are aware of her problems she's had with Halloween over the years.  They wouldn't even pay her $5000 to be in Halloween 6, they recast her role and paid some actress a demeaning amount to play her character briefly at the beginning.  I'd love to see her in the film as well, but it's not going to happen.

Plus they told her the role was hers and all she has to do was get emancipated from her parents.  So she did all that and yeah the rest you wrote already 

And yeah I guess I would be part of that following too, mainly since she has been cool every time I've seen her. However like you and I said, while it would be cool to have her in any of these two films, I totally get why she wouldn't be and I'm fine with that 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I’m glad they got Kyle Richards back, that’s a nice touch. She attended the 2018 premiere so obviously has fond memories of the film. And she certainly doesn’t need the pay. 

I wonder what happened to the original Tommy Doyle? 

You can find the original Tommy Doyle (Brian Andrews) on Facebook. He has a personal account. I'm not friends with him but I have visited his page and he REALLY wanted to do the role again. Before Tommy was recast he made a status saying that he had been trying to get ahold of Blumhouse but that they wouldn't contact him. And then when news broke he and his friends were very upset, with some of his friends blaming Jamie Lee Curtis and his friends saying that they messaged Jamie saying that she should've brought back Brian and that she should be ashamed of herself. I honestly don't understand the logic behind blaming Jamie though. It's not like she's in charge of casting lol

1 hour ago, cheesypoofs said:

You can find the original Tommy Doyle (Brian Andrews) on Facebook. He has a personal account. I'm not friends with him but I have visited his page and he REALLY wanted to do the role again. Before Tommy was recast he made a status saying that he had been trying to get ahold of Blumhouse but that they wouldn't contact him. And then when news broke he and his friends were very upset, with some of his friends blaming Jamie Lee Curtis and his friends saying that they messaged Jamie saying that she should've brought back Brian and that she should be ashamed of herself. I honestly don't understand the logic behind blaming Jamie though. It's not like she's in charge of casting lol

Brian Andrews has a bad reputation. Using his, erm, clout to try and get with female fans.

I am really curious how much this one will make. Many Blumhouse sequels declined from their precedessor.

H2018 left much so-so taste in peoples' mouths. At least all people around me liked the movie...but no one was hyped about it. I could imagine them to join me again but the hook will have to be very interesting. Just another Michael vs. Laurie won't be enough. They already did that twice. 

I just hope that they won't cancel "Halloween Ends" if this one declines. That would be awful. 

On 8/30/2019 at 3:18 PM, Lucas said:

She's already from 2 Halloween universes, why can't she be in this?

Because she's not owed anything and that's just blatant fan service.

Oh, let's not forget the fact that she doesn't even know that H'18 doesn't include H4 lol. Oh, and the fact that she complains about it. She should have just reached out like Kyle Richards did.

44 minutes ago, Amorphous said:

Because she's not owed anything and that's just blatant fan service.

Oh, let's not forget the fact that she doesn't even know that H'18 doesn't include H4 lol. Oh, and the fact that she complains about it. She should have just reached out like Kyle Richards did.

Of course she wouldn't come back as Jamie Lloyd, but she didn't come back as that character in the Rob Zombie movies either. But I don't think "that's just blatant fan service" works here when you're already bringing back several random actors & characters from the original film, and none of the other actors except possibly JLC are "owed" anything either. That's a really bizarre way to put it.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Of course she wouldn't come back as Jamie Lloyd, but she didn't come back as that character in the Rob Zombie movies either. But I don't think "that's just blatant fan service" works here when you're already bringing back several random actors & characters from the original film, and none of the other actors except possibly JLC are "owed" anything either. That's a really bizarre way to put it.

Eh, not really. Every "returning" character, for sure, isn't owed anything but they're back because they were already established in the original.

DH, to me, don't get me wrong - is a great actress. She's the best parts of all of her films. However, fans have been feeling like she's owed a part in these films, when she just simply isn't - not when she was out there complaining about it like that.

35 minutes ago, Amorphous said:

Eh, not really. Every "returning" character, for sure, isn't owed anything but they're back because they were already established in the original.

DH, to me, don't get me wrong - is a great actress. She's the best parts of all of her films. However, fans have been feeling like she's owed a part in these films, when she just simply isn't - not when she was out there complaining about it like that.

Oh I definitely don't think she's owed. But I agree, she was the best part of all her films which is a big reason why I'd want her back for what seems to be building up as a final hurrah for the franchise (another one lol). Obviously I don't want to force a character into the story just so she could play her, but if they had one I'd like to see her be around.

Filming officially begins for extras in Wilmington tomorrow. They've already begun some preliminary filming (they've been filming here and there the past two weeks), and the main cast officially starts on Monday, September 16th. Should get tons more news soon.