Eric Atreides

Halloween Ends | October 14, 2022 | Uni/Blumhouse | In theaters and Peacock on the same day...again!

I can see the pattern of this trilogy:

Halloween (2018): A solid movie to reintroduce the franchise again.

Halloween Kills: A stupid movie to kill the franchise.

Halloween Ends: A stupid movie to end the franchise?

Basically the titles spoil us!

Spoiler

This is meant as a joke, pls dont kill or end me.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

I can see the pattern of this trilogy:

Halloween (2018): A solid movie to reintroduce the franchise again.

Halloween Kills: A stupid movie to kill the franchise.

Halloween Ends: A stupid movie to end the franchise?

Basically the titles spoil us!

Hide contents

This is meant as a joke, pls dont kill or end me.

See I don't think you should mean it as a joke. You actually nailed it. The first movie really wasn't that good but it was at least watchable. The second movie was like Rob zombie's Halloween part 2 bad. It actually made my eyes bleed watching that movie lol and I can't imagine this third one is going to be much better. All in all these rebooted movies are going to make the studio a lot of money but I think ultimately it was a gigantic clusterfuck.

On 7/13/2022 at 7:54 PM, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

To be fair, Michael's look is apparently not far off from that

No, he confirmed Michael looks the same as in Halloween Kills. 

The “look” on the future is similar to a homeless man that appears in the film lol. He just made a mistake and fell for a fake “scoop”. 

1 minute ago, TheDude391 said:

I very much look forward to the word of mouth on this one haha.

can I get in on the joke?

2 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

The trailer will work for audiences as all they really want to see it JLC fight Michael Myers.

But lots of leakers say this trailer doesn't reflect the actual movie.

The trailer is clearly just teasing the fight from the third act (unless they’re going to pull a Halloween Resurrection on us, but I doubt they repeat THAT mistake), so it’s fairly obvious that the preceding hour or so will be spent on something else. Anyone expecting this to be 90 solid minutes of Laurie fighting Michael only has themselves to blame when it comes to setting themselves up for disappointment.

Edited by SnokesLegs

8 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

The trailer is clearly just teasing the fight from the third act (unless they’re going to pull a Halloween Resurrection on us, but I doubt they repeat THAT mistake), so it’s fairly obvious that the preceding hour or so will be spent on something else. Anyone expecting this to be 90 solid minutes of Laurie fighting Michael only has themselves to blame when it comes to setting themselves up for disappointment.

Yeh I agree they’re setting themselves up for disappointment, and they’d be unreasonable to expect that too. When have “versus” movies ever spent the full run time in the climatic fight? 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh I agree they’re setting themselves up for disappointment, and they’d be unreasonable to expect that too. When have “versus” movies ever spent the full run time in the climatic fight? 

If that’s all it was, it’d also be horrifically boring and exhausting. All the leakers saying this is “different” gets my hopes up more if anything, if it was just a re-run of 2018 or Kills (which I enjoyed) it’d be pretty lazy.

Without going into potential spoiler territory, what I’ve been reading about the film doesn’t sound “bad” or anything, it just sounds like they’re doing something new. But if all you want is nothing but Michael Vs Laurie then it might leave people a bit perplexed I suppose (although sounds like this is handled well based on ViewerAnon’s comments on Twitter, so as long as the film ends well, it’ll probably be better received than Kills).

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 1