Jump to content

Eric Onion

Halloween Ends | October 14, 2022 | Uni/Blumhouse | In theaters and Peacock on the same day...again!

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

I love H20, the last 20 minutes or so is perfection. I remember being so hyped the first time I saw Laurie head back towards the school to confront him.

The music and the “Michaeeeel!” go together perfectly! 
 

It moves at break neck speed too, only 80mins. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites



15 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Jamie Lee Curtis is doing lots of promo. She was great on Graham Norton. 
 

Social media ads have started for me. 
 

Watched Halloween H20 earlier, aka the best Halloween sequel IMO. 

I like H20 but I wouldn't call it the best Halloween sequel. The mask was pretty awful in that movie. But I do have that movie in the upper half of my rankings. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



16 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

I love H20, the last 20 minutes or so is perfection. I remember being so hyped the first time I saw Laurie head back towards the school to confront him.

 

H40 is enjoyable and has its moments, but the reality TV stuff is odd , it is borderline spoof material with the little kid being babysat, the Dr. dynamic is so strange, and Laurie being this ultra-violent survivalist 40 years after 1 horrendous night seems excessive. H40 is just a bit try-hardish, with the sequel obviously going fully off the deep end. 

 

H20 is the best sequel in my opinion, though a few tweaks and it could have been a classic in its own right. I think the path H20 has Laurie on is much more believable than H40, here she is clearly a mostly strong, functioning person who has moments of weakness especially around the holiday, the remote school atmosphere is creepy AF, the surrounding cast in largely great with young future stars in Michelle Williams, Joseph Gordon Lovit (for 2 seconds) and Josh Hartnett as her son - who looks JUST like JLC. And yeah, after the initial struggle, when Laurie returns back to the school and they wrangle? *chefs kiss*

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites



3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

The end of H20 is pretty satisfying, as long as you ignore Resurrection.  

Resurrection is atrocious, the way it undoes the end of H20 is a crime against cinema. That said, if it’s on TV, I can’t help but find myself watching it. Busta fighting Michael has to be seen to be believed!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites



The second trailer is awful. Decision to release it simultaneously on Peacock says a lot about what Uni/Blum think about the film. I'm afraid this one will be even worse than "Halloween Kills". As far as box office, I think it can open with $40 million. I expect $77-80 million total. Overseas will probably also drop to like $28-30 million total.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ViktorLosAngeles said:

The second trailer is awful. Decision to release it simultaneously on Peacock says a lot about what Uni/Blum think about the film. I'm afraid this one will be even worse than "Halloween Kills". As far as box office, I think it can open with $40 million. I expect $77-80 million total. Overseas will probably also drop to like $28-30 million total.

If it opens to $40 million, I don’t think $80 million will be possible. The last one was incredibly frontloaded, even for a seasonal horror film, so unless this one is seen as a major improvement, I expect that to be the case here as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

The rights revert back to the Akkad's after Ends right?

 

I still like 2018 fine but it's been funny to see its reputation go from "the only good sequel!" to "okay maybe not as good as 2, 4, or H20" post Kills.

Kind of reminds me of how TFA went from being seen as a breathe of fresh air for Star Wars after the prequels, to a creatively bankrupt rehash of ANH

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



7 hours ago, Galactic Specter said:

Season of the Witch is the best Halloween movie, it's time to turn it into an anthology series like Carpenter always intended! 

The love that film seems to get around this time of year truly baffles me. I watched it again for the first time in decades last year and it’s rough as hell. I really don’t get what people see in it.

  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites





18 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

The rights revert back to the Akkad's after Ends right?

 

I still like 2018 fine but it's been funny to see its reputation go from "the only good sequel!" to "okay maybe not as good as 2, 4, or H20" post Kills.

Yeh, Blumhouse deliberately called this one “Ends” because they only have the rights to 3 films.
 

Calling it Ends makes it awkward for the next studio. But Michael will be back. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh, Blumhouse deliberately called this one “Ends” because they only have the rights to 3 films.
 

Calling it Ends makes it awkward for the next studio. But Michael will be back. 

They won't do it, but I'd love if they made an actual sequel to H4 after. With Jamie taking on the mantle, bring back Danielle Harris.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



6 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

The love that film seems to get around this time of year truly baffles me. I watched it again for the first time in decades last year and it’s rough as hell. I really don’t get what people see in it.

Middle aged Tom Atkins as a booze guzzling ladies man stud is the greatest protagonist in horror history bar none. It's got one of Carpenter's best scores, best looking Halloween film, crazy and campy story with great gore, and a mean as hell ending. It rules.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



13 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

Middle aged Tom Atkins as a booze guzzling ladies man stud is the greatest protagonist in horror history bar none. It's got one of Carpenter's best scores, best looking Halloween film, crazy and campy story with great gore, and a mean as hell ending. It rules.

Tom Atkins playing an irresistible playboy WAS hilarious, I’ll give it that!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites







Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.