Alli

The Last Duel - Ridley Scott, Matt Damon & Adam Driver | October 15, 2021

29 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Driver & Jodie look great in this but Damon and Affleck looks so out of place its ridic. still keeping my prediction of this flopping at awards season. 

jodiecomerelizabethofyork3.jpg?w=1000&h=

This is a photo of Jodie Comer from The White Princess, not from The Last Duel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

still keeping my prediction of this flopping at awards season. 

I'm getting Silence vibe. people overpredicting cause of names involved and no other reason. Maybe Silence isn't a good example cause that was ultra unaccessible and neither for critics nor the audience. But I think you get my point. names aren't be all and end all of awards. 

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

I'm getting Silence vibe. people overpredicting cause of names involved and no other reason. Maybe Silence isn't a good example cause that was ultra unaccessible and neither for critics nor the audience. But I think you get my point. names aren't be all and end all of awards. 

Silence is not very accessible to mainstream audiences. 

Agreed. But we don't know what's the level of accessibility here either. Going by the synopsis, this isn't going to be very action oriented. if it's more of a procedural with one or two fights tops, that's not gonna fly. If Kingdom of Heaven with some epic action sequences couldn't put butts in seats...

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Agreed. But we don't know what's the level of accessibility here either. Going by the synopsis, this isn't going to be very action oriented. if it's more of a procedural with one or two fights tops, that's not gonna fly. If Kingdom of Heaven with some epic action sequences couldn't put butts in seats...

Kingdom of Heaven came out during the competitive summer season, two weeks before Revenge of the Sith. This should at least have better legs during the Holiday season. If early word of mouth from limited screenings are stong, it could do very well once it expends in January. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm surprised they are putting this in limited first. It's something that works for arthouse but I guess that Revenant and 1917 proved that it works for big movies too. 

It also worked well for The Revenant and Black Hawk Down, another Ridley Scott film.

48 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

This won't be anything like Silence, lmao

• Like 4

the story wasn't something that anyone, including AMPAS, would care about. just totally passion project for marty that no one else had passion for. Even reviews, while strong, weren't out of this world. And that type of a movie is really made for critics more than anyone else. 

Martin movies seriously lack women. 

I wonder when he writes movies does he never think about a good role for women. 

It's really weird. 

And please don't come with argument that he is an artist blah.blah..

In my opinion representation and art goes hand in hand. 

I can understand in one movie. Most of the Martin movies lacks strong female characters. 

Quentin Tarantino and Wes Anderson both are also artist but they have also given strong female characters in many movies. 

I mean how insensitive you have to be to  women to forget they exist while writing screenplays. 

Edited by Madhuvan

25 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Silence might be Marty's best this millennium :redcapes:

My screening of Silence was fucking epic.

Some guy fell asleep.

And he was snoring like an airjet.

During a movie called

Silence.

Edited by The Futurist

I never understood quota count movie viewing. I never go to movies going "this doesn't have X, this has too much Y, this has only one token Z". 

Different directors have different interests. Scorcese adapted WOWS, Sorkin adapted Molly's Game, Scafaria adapted Hustlers. Two out of these "anti hero(ines) succeed by doing shady stuff" movies are focused on women. Must Scorcese make such a movie if his interest lies elsewhere and/or he feels he wouldn't do it justice? It isn't that movies with women aren't made so if a director feels his strength is in telling men stories shouldn't he continue to do what he does the best? especially with plenty others who make movies with women and good ones at that. 

@The Futurist lol that story is awesome. :rofl:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

I never understood quota count movie viewing. I never go to movies going "this doesn't have X, this has too much of Y, this has only one token Z". 

Different directors have different interests. Scorcese adapted WOWS, Sorkin adapted Molly's Game, Scafaria adapted Hustlers. Two out of these "anti hero(ines) succeed by doing shady stuff" movies are focused on women. Must Scorcese make such a movie if his interest lies elsewhere and/or he feels he wouldn't do it justice? It isn't that movies with women aren't made so if a director feels his strength is in telling men stories shouldn't he continue to do what he does the best? especially with plenty others who make movies with women and good ones at that. 

This is the main reason behind everything most of the women have to suffer in this industry. 

Please stop thinking like this. 

This is coming from a person who is moderate at best.