Alli

The Last Duel - Ridley Scott, Matt Damon & Adam Driver | October 15, 2021

Okay, so this film looks to start shooting shooting next year. That's nice to know.

So, release date-probably 2021 or sometime late next year (Scott could make it in time for the end of 2020, but a 2021 release date could give him more time to work on it).

Hopefully he reunites with John Mathieson-he's a better cinematographer than Wolski.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Ridley Scott's track record has been spotty as of late

The first Alien prequel was something truly memorable. Now we are getting a film that is even more like Scott's movies, with an added layer of intrigue. Will we finally be seeing some kind of backstory behind the Nostromo crew?

The idea of the main character getting the idea from a random photo on a wall and getting his/her own ship from the space suit has been a staple in sci-fi stories. Ridley Scott has been credited with the story of the Nostromo's first voyage and they have even mentioned his work on one of these movies in passing. But there is one problem. There is none. The ship that becomes Jarno's ship is a recreation of what actually did exist. Not even a replicator. So what's the real ship?

Scott does mention a replica ship, which makes a decent argument for what happened to the real Alien. I'm personally not sure if they had the space suits or whether Scott even had a concept of what the ship would be capable of.

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Damon/Driver is a much more exciting pairing than an Affleck/Damon reunion. Got high hopes for this based on the cast so far.

Damon is a good actor, but still concerned if he could pull off a medieval role or not. Some actors can do that period, and others can't. Does not mean they are bad actors, but for some actors, early period films are simply beyond their range.

Driver is apparently close to a deal, it's just a matter of making sure he'll be available in case he gets some awards attention for Marriage Story. Also if he joins it might push the film into getting green-lit. Disney must really want to stay in business with him after Star Wars.

Edited by TheManFromBeyond
  • Like 1

Ridley, Matt and Adam, run from this! It's a stupid premise. I get they want to work with Scott and I get that Scott wants to do another historical epic, but this sounds like shit. Bomb incoming.

@TheManFromBeyond if Disney wants to stay in business with driver, maybe they should give his SW character a solo franchise? There's bigger potential than with any other character and he certainly earned the right to carry his own.

Edited by Valonqar

6 hours ago, Valonqar said:

@TheManFromBeyond if Disney wants to stay in business with driver, maybe they should give his SW character a solo franchise? There's bigger potential than with any other character and he certainly earned the right to carry his own.

Nah, that sounds like another Solo. People love Kylo, but enough for his own film series. IDK. Maybe a Disney+ spinoff.

Honestly though, I would not be surprised if Disney tries to bring him over to Marvel, especially now that Feige is working on a SW film.

14 hours ago, TheManFromBeyond said:

Nah, that sounds like another Solo. People love Kylo, but enough for his own film series. IDK. Maybe a Disney+ spinoff.

Honestly though, I would not be surprised if Disney tries to bring him over to Marvel, especially now that Feige is working on a SW film.

interesting idea. what Marvel character do you have in mind? 

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:31 AM, Jake Gittes said:

get Harvey Keitel and Keith Carradine for supporting roles. as a Duellists fan I want to be pandered to

IMHO 'The Duellists" is one of the best first films I have ever seen from a director. Love that movie.

• Like 2